Please help problem to install xp !

Old December 25th 03, 03:17 AM
henny

Default Please help problem to install xp !

An inordinate number of install problems come from the CD-ROM drive being
old and slow.
Second problem area is not checking the xp install mins.
Third is people trying to install a new OS believing that it will fix an old
problem
Henny
JPS
"Arthur" wrote in message
Good day,
a little bit discouraged, impossible to install xp on a gigabite

8ipe1000l,
when copying files to the hd at the beginning of the install, computer
reboots all the time...
i tried a new better psu, new hd, new memory, nothing works ! please help

!
! !

Thank you !

Arthur

Old December 25th 03, 04:53 AM
paul

hi Arthur, give us some more info on your system. I had a similar problem on
my 8knxp rev 2, mine turned out to be because I wasn't loading the correct
driver for my board (where it says press f6 to install driver etc) as my
hard drive was on my sata port with raid enabled in bios. I don't believe
your board has raid but check to see if there is any other drivers with it.
At what point is it rebooting, does it go through detecting devices etc??
Have you tried installing another OS?
try a different cd, are you sure the cd you have is ok? Just some thoughts,
good luck

Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
Strange P4G8X Deluxe Problem Geoffrey DeWan Asus Motherboards 3 July 4th 04 08:33 PM
Asus Probe install problem Schism Asus Motherboards 13 June 11th 04 02:44 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Asrock K7S41GX install problem James Asus Motherboards 3 May 19th 04 11:21 AM