Asus A7N8X v2.0 Not what it says??

Old August 26th 03, 12:26 AM
Gordon Freeman

Default Asus A7N8X v2.0 Not what it says??

L'incedente di Black Mesa e' stato nulla in confronto ai danni causati
dai pensieri di grunge09 :

I take it this is a pitfall of getting a refurb board, anyways is there a
generic utility that works like asus probe to monitor MB and CPU Temps??

Go for MBM5,

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

it's far better than AsusProbe, even if it's a bit more complicated to
configure. It will take you up to 5 minutes

About your mobo, try a diagnostic like Sisoftware Sandra and look what
it tells you about it
Bye

E.
--
Gordon Freeman.
Email : gordon
Old August 26th 03, 12:58 AM
R_Supp

I am surprised you have Win 98SE on your computer. You should be running Win
2000 or XP.
While you have it working you should install AIDA 32 on it and see what it
says your mobo is.

"grunge09" wrote in message
.. .
I Just got a white box board from Newegg, and so far so good. Got a XP
2500+ CPU on it (Retail Kit). I installed all the drivers for the device
manager in windows 98 se.

I went to install the Asus Probe off the CD, and it says "not an ASUS
motherboard" and will not install. I tried the asus probe off the asus

usa
web site same thing.

Old August 26th 03, 02:02 AM
Alan

I had the same problem with this board except Windows 2000, it worked fine
in Win98SE. Mine was a new factory fresh board and I never overcame the
problem. Therefore I ran MBM5 in Win2000 and would check it against Probe
in W98. (dual boot). You must install Win98 first, just as you have done.

I also prefer W2000 as a system, but running utilities in W98 is quicker and
keeps my W2K clean. For dual boot, you must keep Fat32 running on all
drives to read all files.

Back to your Probe problem, check to make sure that all device drivers have
installed correctly, if so try another version of Probe.

Hope this helps,

Alan

"R_Supp" wrote in message
I am surprised you have Win 98SE on your computer. You should be running

Win
2000 or XP.
While you have it working you should install AIDA 32 on it and see what it
says your mobo is.

.. .