tekheads - can I refuse delivery?

Old December 31st 03, 02:00 PM
Mark Hocking

Default tekheads - can I refuse delivery?

Hi,
I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery (tues30th). It
wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be delivered until Friday
(probably) as ****ty Link are working half day today!

To be honest this is the first problem I have had with Tekheads & it baffles
me why they use such an inept courier - I won't be ordering from them again.
In comparison, I ordered a Pioneer 106 from Dabs on Tuesday & it arrived
safely by 10.30 today with Parcelforce.

Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so I can get a
refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?

TIA
Mark

Old December 31st 03, 02:10 PM
Aosmosis

"Mark Hocking" wrote in message
Hi,
I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery (tues30th).

It
wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be delivered until Friday
(probably) as ****ty Link are working half day today!

To be honest this is the first problem I have had with Tekheads & it

baffles
me why they use such an inept courier - I won't be ordering from them

again.
In comparison, I ordered a Pioneer 106 from Dabs on Tuesday & it arrived
safely by 10.30 today with Parcelforce.

Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so I can get

refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?

TIA
Mark

You can refuse delivery under the DSD, but you will have to pay for postage
both ways.

Old December 31st 03, 02:39 PM
JULIAN HALES

"Mark Hocking" wrote in message
Hi,
I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery (tues30th).

It
wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be delivered until Friday
(probably) as ****ty Link are working half day today!

To be honest this is the first problem I have had with Tekheads & it

baffles
me why they use such an inept courier - I won't be ordering from them

again.
In comparison, I ordered a Pioneer 106 from Dabs on Tuesday & it arrived
safely by 10.30 today with Parcelforce.

They were suposed to be ditching them as they said here a while back

Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so I can get

refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?

i would say so, if you wanted next day it would be classed as urgent, in the
say way if you place a order and use the term' time is of the essance', so
if it arrives longer than the time origonal set out.

TIA
Mark

Old December 31st 03, 03:02 PM
Ric

JULIAN HALES wrote:
[...]

just in case sam from TH's reading this, PLEASE stop using ****ty link. for
the manchester area they're so bad that we just can't afford to order from
firms that use them any more...

Old December 31st 03, 04:15 PM
Snowdon Computers

"Mark Hocking" wrote in message
Hi,
I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery (tues30th).

It
wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be delivered until Friday
(probably) as ****ty Link are working half day today!

True - Citylink are doing deliveries only but not collections today so if it
has been despatched it should be delivered OK.
--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Old December 31st 03, 05:37 PM
Simon Hawthorne

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:00:14 -0000, "Mark Hocking"
wrote:

****ty Link are working half day today!

I think you'll find this of nearly all parcel carriers on NYE - same
applied on Xmas eve - in my experience anyway. I ship out over 2000
parcels a day and still couldn;t get a better service from either of
my 'primary' carriers.....
S.

Old January 1st 04, 12:30 AM
nigel. carron

In message , Mark Hocking
writes
Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so I can
get a refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?

You would seriously refuse an order from Tekheads because of a mistake
and use Dabs instead.. There's stupidity and real stupidity..
--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old January 1st 04, 04:38 PM
sks

"Mark Hocking" wrote in message
Hi,
I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery (tues30th).

It
wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be delivered until Friday
(probably) as ****ty Link are working half day today!

To be honest this is the first problem I have had with Tekheads & it

baffles
me why they use such an inept courier - I won't be ordering from them

again.
In comparison, I ordered a Pioneer 106 from Dabs on Tuesday & it arrived
safely by 10.30 today with Parcelforce.

Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so I can get

refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?

We are ditching City Link ASAP but ANC have taken ages to get the software
we need to us. It's here now and I'm hoping we can start using them on
Monday.

Old January 1st 04, 05:31 PM
CB

"sks" wrote in message

| | "Mark Hocking" wrote in message
| | | Hi,
| | | I ordered c£300 of kit from them Monday for next day delivery
| | | (tues30th). It wasn't despatched until the Tuesday & now won't be
| | | delivered until Friday (probably) as ****ty Link are working half
| | | day today!
| | |
| | | To be honest this is the first problem I have had with Tekheads &
| | | it baffles me why they use such an inept courier - I won't be
| | | ordering from them again. In comparison, I ordered a Pioneer 106
| | | from Dabs on Tuesday & it arrived safely by 10.30 today with
| | | Parcelforce.
| | |
| | | Am I within my rights to refuse the delivery when it turns up so
| | | I can get a refund & go elsewhere (Dabs, Novatech etc)?
| |
| | We are ditching City Link ASAP but ANC have taken ages to get the
| | software we need to us. It's here now and I'm hoping we can start
| | using them on Monday.

Good show! Never having used Tekheads, I get the drift that you're pretty
reliable and would use your services.
As for the original poster if he's that desperate, he should have got his
gear off the Highstreet or used Dabs( Ug!).
Afterall it is the busiest time of the year postal wise and errors will crop
up, a fact of life.

CB
--
Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/

Old January 3rd 04, 12:56 AM
Thomas Letherby

In message , sks
writes

We are ditching City Link ASAP but ANC have taken ages to get the software
we need to us. It's here now and I'm hoping we can start using them on
Monday.

Please tell me you're not going to use ANC instead of Citylink! ANC
couldn't deliver (or collect - I've sent stuff with them too via my old
work!) a parcel if you held their hand all the way!

--
Thomas Letherby