where do I stand here please

Old December 31st 03, 10:22 AM
ß Ø ® G

Default where do I stand here please

Ordered a radion 9500 128mb Pro GFX card from Ebuyer, Received parcel
today and inside was a broken P4 Motherboard with a RMA stacker on it

I want my GFX card as its been paid for but they insist I have to
return this Motherboard first and wait another 7 days or so for my
card.

I see it as I have paid for goods and have made a contract with them
why should I have to wait for them to receive this Mobo and them send
out my GFX card

Do I really have to wait

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Old December 31st 03, 10:35 AM
Andy

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
Ordered a radion 9500 128mb Pro GFX card from Ebuyer, Received parcel
today and inside was a broken P4 Motherboard with a RMA stacker on it

I want my GFX card as its been paid for but they insist I have to
return this Motherboard first and wait another 7 days or so for my
card.

I see it as I have paid for goods and have made a contract with them
why should I have to wait for them to receive this Mobo and them send
out my GFX card

Do I really have to wait

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

They've shipped you the wrong goods, so therefore it's their responsibility
to pickup the parcel and ship the goods you ordered to you. Telling you to
send the parcel back and wait's a p' take. Simply put, you shouldn't have to
wait at all.

Make sure you get all of this in writing from them, via email. At least that
way, there's no confusion.

Old December 31st 03, 11:38 AM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
Ordered a radion 9500 128mb Pro GFX card from Ebuyer, Received parcel
today and inside was a broken P4 Motherboard with a RMA stacker on it

Clearly shipped the wrong goods to you.

I want my GFX card as its been paid for but they insist I have to
return this Motherboard first and wait another 7 days or so for my
card.

They can make you wait for delivery as long as the law and their own T & C's
state. Mail order used to be up to 28 days in the eyes of the law - that may
have changed.

I see it as I have paid for goods and have made a contract with them
why should I have to wait for them to receive this Mobo and them send
out my GFX card

Its a real ****er, and I'm not sure of the legal position - I would say it
is normal practice for some mail order firms (inc and exc PC component
vendors) to wait until the wrongly shipped goods have been returned before
sending the correct stuff. I would also add, however, that most would
arrange collection of said wrongly shipped goods.

Do I really have to wait

Probably not, ebuyer should arrange to collect goods, *but*
if I were in your shoes, I'd nip into post office and send it back myself -
might cost £4 or so first class recorded. Send ebuyer an enote telling them
what you have done and that you wish the graphics card to be sent asap.
Ebuyer will get motherboard back, they will send graphics card, and in my
experience, they will refund your postage cost to your account and throw in
a free delivery on next order for your hassle.
Maybe I'm just too soft and sensible when things go titsup on an order, but
I've been more than happy with service from all PC vendors I've tried.
Argos, now theres another story... incompetence on an enormous scale....

so,
consult a lawyer, take them to court, umpteen long waits in phone queues,
unreplied enotes, huge delays, arguments etc etc etc etc
or,
send it back and stand to lose a maximum of 3 or £4 in the worst scenario
(ie ebuyer do not refund postage) and get your correct package asap.

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Mail order - You've got to love it.

g.

Old December 31st 03, 11:58 AM
Mike Scott

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:38:45 -0000, "Fat Freddy's Cat"
wrote:

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
.. .
Ordered a radion 9500 128mb Pro GFX card from Ebuyer, Received parcel
today and inside was a broken P4 Motherboard with a RMA stacker on it

Clearly shipped the wrong goods to you.

Do I really have to wait

Probably not, ebuyer should arrange to collect goods, *but*
if I were in your shoes, I'd nip into post office and send it back myself -

Alternatively, if it's on credit card, take the easy way out: get on
to the card company to do a chargeback on the grounds of breach of
contract. Then you'll have your money to spend with a reliable
company, and ebuyer can collect the goods at their leisure (or not, as
the case may be), This may foul up future relations with ebuyer,
which may or may not worry you.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old December 31st 03, 12:16 PM
mr_buggerlugs

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:22:57 +0000, ß Ø ® G
wrote:

Ordered a radion 9500 128mb Pro GFX card from Ebuyer, Received parcel
today and inside was a broken P4 Motherboard with a RMA stacker on it

I want my GFX card as its been paid for but they insist I have to
return this Motherboard first and wait another 7 days or so for my
card.

I see it as I have paid for goods and have made a contract with them
why should I have to wait for them to receive this Mobo and them send
out my GFX card

Do I really have to wait

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

Maybe they're out of stock and don't want to lose the sale?

....reach into rma bin, post that to customer, let them "wing it" until
new stock arrives...

Certainly sounds that way to me......typical delay tactic

Old December 31st 03, 12:37 PM
Aosmosis

I find ebuyer quite good when it comes to this type of scenario. You should
be polite but firm. That way things get done your way. I have never ever had
to pay for postage when sending back faulty/incorrect items.

hth

Old December 31st 03, 03:01 PM
Ric

Andy wrote:
"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
[...]

you won't get an email out of them, you'll have to raise an enote and then
wait for someone to actually act on it, willing to put money on you not
getting your card for another 2 weeks...

Old December 31st 03, 03:53 PM
ß Ø ® G

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:07:20 +0000, Malev wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:22:57 +0000, ß Ø ® G wrote:

I see it as I have paid for goods and have made a contract with them
why should I have to wait for them to receive this Mobo and them send
out my GFX card

Speaking from experience, because customers sometime "forget" to send stuff
back.

but its broken, its no good to man nore beast, unless your a

' Broken Mobo eating flaterbeast from the planet Zarquarnt '

Old December 31st 03, 09:37 PM
Rob Morley

In article , "Malev" malev@
1ccms.com says...
snip
PS - illiterate people write "your" instead of "you're", "its" instead of "it's"
and "nore" instead of "nor".

So do dyslexics, but generally only anally retentive losers make much of
a deal out of it.