retek direct

Old January 5th 04, 11:15 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"jeff davison" wrote in message
In article , Nick Le Lievre
writes
$ 210
is approx £ 120 + £ 20 Intl shipping I reckon.

Don't forget to add about 23% to 27% for import duty/Vat and courier
handling charge

lol nah I`ve ordered a pda and wifi kit from ebay USA before as I`m in
Jersey no VAT or import duty is levied.

Old January 5th 04, 11:29 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"jeff davison" wrote in message
In article , Nick Le Lievre
writes
$ 210
is approx £ 120 + £ 20 Intl shipping I reckon.

Don't forget to add about 23% to 27% for import duty/Vat and courier
handling charge

lol nah I`ve ordered a pda and wifi kit from ebay USA before as I`m in
Jersey no VAT or import duty is levied.

Can`t really do much better for £ 140 at the moment except PC worlds brief
FX5900XT boxing day £ 95 offer or Microdirects FX5900 non ultra £ 115 ex VAT
(was £ 107) + delivery if on the mainland.

Both those cards are close in performance to Radeon 9700 Pro the FX5900 non
ultra moreso. I`ll be kicking myself in 2 months I know it.

Old January 6th 04, 01:28 AM
Nick Le Lievre

[...]

USPS AIR MAIL is $18.50 total cost $228.50 current US UK exchange rate is
high therefore costing me £ 129.50 inc shipping.

Bargin.

Old January 6th 04, 10:26 AM
Jonathan Vaughan

In article , Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Heh I just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro off eBay USA from retek lol for $ 210
they ship internationally its the same company as the one based in
scotland - I just checked they`re website they are out of stock of the
Radeon 9700 Pro in the UK.

I ended up getting a 9800 pro from komplett -
http://tinyurl.com/2y265
which were 185 inc vat for a while. back up in price and not due back
until the end of feb, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jon
Old January 6th 04, 10:34 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
In article , Nick Le Lievre

wrote:
Heh I just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro off eBay USA from retek lol for $

210
they ship internationally its the same company as the one based in
scotland - I just checked they`re website they are out of stock of the
Radeon 9700 Pro in the UK.

I ended up getting a 9800 pro from komplett -
http://tinyurl.com/2y265
which were 185 inc vat for a while. back up in price and not due back
until the end of feb, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jon

In the USA the 9800 Pro can be had in places for $ 250 or less (£ 150) on
some special deals right now - its finding someone who will ship one to the
UK is the problem there hence the reason Radeon 9700 Pro in USA ebay are
cheaper then UK ebay. That 9800 Pro £ 185 inc VAT price would be £ 152 ex
Vat to me + Kompletts delivery charge of £ 10 to the channel islands (which
aint bad IMO) so £ 162 delivered would`ve been a good deal (when I think
Radeon 9800 Pro I think £ 180 ex VAT delivered).

Still not much real world difference between 9700 Pro 9800 Pro and my
Radeon 9700 Pro will be an original ATI part (with the ATI branded fan).

Old January 6th 04, 11:42 AM
Nick Le Lievre

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Was thinking of buying some stuff from there.

Jon

As I said below I have just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro from the USA Division
based in CA, USA. They`re UK division is based in East Kilbride you know who
else is located there - thats right Crucial UK - also my brother`s wife is
originally from there and they just came back from a christmas break to see
her family who still live there.

If I`d have known about them before and they were in stock I could`ve got
them to pick one up for me. If only these & other companies were referenced
by pricewatch.co.uk

Old January 6th 04, 06:24 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
In article , Nick Le Lievre

wrote:
Heh I just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro off eBay USA from retek lol for $

210
they ship internationally its the same company as the one based in
scotland - I just checked they`re website they are out of stock of the
Radeon 9700 Pro in the UK.

I ended up getting a 9800 pro from komplett -
http://tinyurl.com/2y265
which were 185 inc vat for a while. back up in price and not due back
until the end of feb, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jon

Looks like they were £ 130 + VAT for a while too a little way back... maybe
they put them down to £ 185 in VAT at Christmas to make up for it ?