cheapest CD-Rs?

Old September 29th 03, 05:25 AM
Developwebsites

Default cheapest CD-Rs?

Staples is selling spools of 50 700mb CDRs for $10
every Sun; thats .20/each.
However, if you get 50 jewel cases for $14.99, then you dont
save anything.
I now buy packs of 10 TDK 700mb CDRs(the white no frills box)
at J&R for $3.99 w/jewel cases.

whats do u all pay for CD-Rs?

remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me
Old September 29th 03, 10:18 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Developwebsites wrote:

Staples is selling spools of 50 700mb CDRs for $10
every Sun; thats .20/each.
However, if you get 50 jewel cases for $14.99, then you dont
save anything.
I now buy packs of 10 TDK 700mb CDRs(the white no frills box)
at J&R for $3.99 w/jewel cases.

whats do u all pay for CD-Rs?

I usually buy "Verbatim DataLife Plus" (700MB) packs of 10 blanks in
slim-cases for 7 Euros (that's 70 cents per blank). For audio CDs, I use
"TDK Ultra Flex" (Taiyo Yuden, 650MB) for 1 Euro per blank (and never got
even a single skip/click with them). Since I live in Greece, these prices
may not be comparable.

-- Niko

Old September 29th 03, 10:27 PM
Brendan R. Wehrung

Developwebsites ) writes:
Staples is selling spools of 50 700mb CDRs for $10
every Sun; thats .20/each.
However, if you get 50 jewel cases for $14.99, then you dont
save anything.
I now buy packs of 10 TDK 700mb CDRs(the white no frills box)
at J&R for $3.99 w/jewel cases.

whats do u all pay for CD-Rs?

"free after rebate"

and slim cases "free after rebate"

at Office max once in a while, but be preapred to stand in line before
opening to get these because they disappear in the 15 minutes.

Brendan

Ps I pay for "good" CDs (usally Fuji) but also buy them "after rebate" so
"real cheap". Rebates can be a little work, calling to prod them to send
your money, but I've always gotten them in the end.

remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Old October 2nd 03, 07:44 PM
Anonymous Joe

"Developwebsites" wrote in message
Staples is selling spools of 50 700mb CDRs for $10
every Sun; thats .20/each.
However, if you get 50 jewel cases for $14.99, then you dont
save anything.
I now buy packs of 10 TDK 700mb CDRs(the white no frills box)
at J&R for $3.99 w/jewel cases.

whats do u all pay for CD-Rs?

remove *batSPAM* to e-mail me

Personally, I can't live with 10 packs. I use about 100 CD-Rs/ month, and I
don't really do anything (yet the discs are full

It's very rare I am concerned about putting them in jewel cases. Most of
the stuff I just pile up in the spindles. Eventually I'll get around to
buying some specialty cases (like double, quadruple, 6ers) and putting them
there, since the discs tend to be disc 1 of x, where x is fairly large (the
current project I'm working on will need atleast 50 CDs), so to be able to
put 4 discs in a case the size of a normal jewel case (the gigantic ones the
record industries love) is essential, and to keep 50 in a spindle when
they're the same thing isn't annoying at all.

But to be more direct, I buy CD-Rs becuase I don't want to be caught
stealing them from a store

Plus, all my spindles are free after rebates, and my slim cases are too.
I'll go and buy them whenever officemax has them for free, then get family
to do likewise, so I end up with a few hundred at a time.

Old October 6th 03, 07:40 PM
Steve

"Anonymous Joe" wrote:
Personally, I can't live with 10 packs. I use about 100 CD-Rs/ month, and I
don't really do anything (yet the discs are full

Just curious, what's on them?