Default printer select in Firefox?

Old August 9th 12, 06:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
KenK

Default Default printer select in Firefox?

I don't recall having this problem in the past but I'm having it now. I
have to change the printer when I call up the dialog to print something.
Prints fine. But next time I print my previous printer is selected again. I
tried Firefox help on default printer but didn't see anything. Lots of
unhelpful stuff - help is text dialogs between users and FF evidently. This
will take a while, Can anyone please save me the trouble? Other aps I've
tried like Eudora email client and Xnews newsreader are set to the last
printer used - correctly,

The correct printer is checked in the printer portion of the Control Panel.

Thanks.

Ken

Old August 9th 12, 08:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Pinnerite

KenK wrote:

I don't recall having this problem in the past but I'm having it now. I
have to change the printer when I call up the dialog to print something.
Prints fine. But next time I print my previous printer is selected again.
I tried Firefox help on default printer but didn't see anything. Lots of
unhelpful stuff - help is text dialogs between users and FF evidently.
This will take a while, Can anyone please save me the trouble? Other aps
I've tried like Eudora email client and Xnews newsreader are set to the
last printer used - correctly,

The correct printer is checked in the printer portion of the Control
Panel.

Thanks.

Ken

Ken

If you are using a Linux system I suggest setting the default printer using
CUPS.

Alan

Magaia 2 for x86_64
Kernel 3.3.8-desktop-2.mga2
KDE version 4.8.4
Running on an AMD 4-core processor
Old August 10th 12, 12:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On 9 Aug 2012 17:16:49 GMT, KenK wrote:

I don't recall having this problem in the past but I'm having it now. I
have to change the printer when I call up the dialog to print something.
Prints fine. But next time I print my previous printer is selected again. I
tried Firefox help on default printer but didn't see anything. Lots of
unhelpful stuff - help is text dialogs between users and FF evidently. This
will take a while, Can anyone please save me the trouble? Other aps I've
tried like Eudora email client and Xnews newsreader are set to the last
printer used - correctly,

The correct printer is checked in the printer portion of the Control Panel.

Sorry, we are not clairvoyant. What specific OS, what specific version
of FF and how is FF being used? Do you clear the cache/history when FF
is closed, are you using the private browsing setting, etc?
Old August 10th 12, 08:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rob[_16_]

On 10/08/2012 9:51 AM, me wrote:
On 9 Aug 2012 17:16:49 GMT, KenK wrote:

I don't recall having this problem in the past but I'm having it now. I
have to change the printer when I call up the dialog to print something.
Prints fine. But next time I print my previous printer is selected again. I
tried Firefox help on default printer but didn't see anything. Lots of
unhelpful stuff - help is text dialogs between users and FF evidently. This
will take a while, Can anyone please save me the trouble? Other aps I've
tried like Eudora email client and Xnews newsreader are set to the last
printer used - correctly,

The correct printer is checked in the printer portion of the Control Panel.

Sorry, we are not clairvoyant. What specific OS, what specific version
of FF and how is FF being used? Do you clear the cache/history when FF
is closed, are you using the private browsing setting, etc?

the default printer is set through the OS not the programme.
Old August 10th 12, 10:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:12:44 +1000, Rob wrote:

On 10/08/2012 9:51 AM, me wrote:
[...]

Unless you are using LibreOffice...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old August 10th 12, 03:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rob[_16_]

On 10/08/2012 9:51 AM, me wrote:
[...]

Except the op is using firefox and that is obviously not some ****
programme like LibreOffice.

Get with the programme and offer a solution not some **** excuses
Old August 10th 12, 05:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Rob"

On 10/08/2012 9:51 AM, me wrote:
[...]

LibreOffice is NOT "...some **** programme..." and it does properly inherit
the Default Print Device from the OS.

FireFox does not adhere to inheriting the Default Printer from the OS. This
is the case of some software while most do inherit the Default Print Device
from the OS.

This subject matter is application related and is not Printer Peripheral
related and the OP should contact Mozilla such as on the Mozilla news server
in the news group; mozilla.support.firefox .

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old August 10th 12, 06:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
KenK

me wrote in
:

On 9 Aug 2012 17:16:49 GMT, KenK wrote:

I don't recall having this problem in the past but I'm having it now.
I have to change the printer when I call up the dialog to print
something. Prints fine. But next time I print my previous printer is
selected again. I tried Firefox help on default printer but didn't see
anything. Lots of unhelpful stuff - help is text dialogs between users
and FF evidently. This will take a while, Can anyone please save me
the trouble? Other aps I've tried like Eudora email client and Xnews
newsreader are set to the last printer used - correctly,

The correct printer is checked in the printer portion of the Control
Panel.

Sorry, we are not clairvoyant.
What specific OS,

XP Home SP2

what specific version of FF

14.0.1

and how is FF being used? Browser, Print any site.

Do you clear the cache/history when FF
is closed,

No

are you using the private browsing setting, etc?

Nothing.

Old August 10th 12, 06:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
KenK

Rob wrote in :

On 10/08/2012 9:51 AM, me wrote:
[...]

XP Home Control Panel printer setting says correct printer is selected.
Firefox does not use this printer for some reason though other Windows
aps that I've tried do. Seems to be a Firefox problem?

Old August 10th 12, 07:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On 10 Aug 2012 17:00:10 GMT, KenK wrote:

me wrote in
:

[...]

I think I missed the actual issue. FF will remember the last printer
chosen. It will NOT revert back to the default printer you have to
chose this and actually print something. After you print the chosen
printer is remember for the next session.

default printer changing DMD31842 Printers 2 November 16th 08 05:36 PM
default printer vee Printers 5 October 20th 05 04:00 PM
Please help me select a printer / fax Petey the Wonder Dog Printers 6 March 25th 05 12:00 PM
setting default printer Robert Feinman Printers 0 December 24th 04 01:26 PM
Utility to select printer tray?? John Printers 0 December 12th 03 08:31 PM