power supplies

Old June 10th 10, 08:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mc

Default power supplies

I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
supply.....go figure
mc
Old June 11th 10, 02:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
supply.....go figure
mc

I have never seen higher rated power supplies for the desktop and small
form factor Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, and GX280.

What Dell did not tell you is that they have exactly zero inventory of
low profile PCI Express cards. That's why they could not find one. Any
low profile PCI Express card will work in the small Optiplex GX280
system. This is not saying very much, because the choice is extremely
limited, as very few card manufacturers bothered with low profile PCI
Express. Numerically, there is/was not much of a market for these cards.

I have some fanless ATI Radeon X600 SE 128MB DDR1 PCI-e Video Card for
the Dell OptiPlex GX280 (Dell part number F9595). These are
factory-sealed in original Dell anti-static bags. How many do you need?

.... Ben Myers
Old June 11th 10, 02:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
[...]

P.S.: The F9595 has a DVI connector only... Ben
Old June 11th 10, 04:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
[...]

i thought that the f9595 was a full height card (technically a half
height card but with a full height bracket). the dell part g9184 is the
same card with the half height bracket. and though it only has a single
dvi port a dvi to vga connector or a dvi to dual vga conenctor can be
used with the x600.
Old June 11th 10, 03:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mc

On Jun 10, 9:56*pm, Ben Myers wrote:
On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:

[...]

Thanks Ben,
I could use 2 express cards. I'll send you another e-mail. Do you have
any low profile AGP's, I could use 2 of those?
mc
Old June 11th 10, 05:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
[...]

You're right, Christopher. The F9595 has a full-length bracket. I do
have some P4007 with the half-height bracket. Also ATI Radeon, but X300
chip. Cards have an ATI part number on them, but the markings do not
look like the usual ATI contract manufacturer... Ben

Old June 11th 10, 11:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HH

I found a low profile (w low profile bracket) ATI Radeon X1300 PCI-E X16
card on eBay for $12.99. It works great in my Optiplex 620 SFF Dell. I
recently gave away an Optiplex GX280 SFF and found an nVidia 7200 card for
it on eBay. They are out there.

HH

Power supplies jc General 12 February 23rd 05 04:04 PM
Power Supplies jc General Hardware 0 February 20th 05 04:32 PM
PC Power & Cooling power supplies -- what parts are theirs? G.W. Bush General 1 March 8th 04 05:58 PM
Power Supplies Grebo UK Computer Vendors 11 February 9th 04 08:55 PM
Power Supplies - Can anyone offer a quality opinion on Ultra Power Supplies please? - TIA Pete Overclocking AMD Processors 8 February 2nd 04 09:22 AM