Acers Aspire 5720 fan noise or fan is always on

Old July 31st 08, 09:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
jonsey120165

Default Acers Aspire 5720 fan noise or fan is always on

I bought this PC new about 6 months ago, I've already returned it once as it
was not charging and they replaced some AC connector or something.
I've noticed that the fan seems to be almost on continuously even if the
machine is not under load, say just typing a mail as I'm doing now when it's
been started up from cold (i.a. not been in use for hours). CPU usage is
sitting a about 1 - 4 % and I don't have any disk activity or network
traffic.
I noticed that if I'm say on the BBC News web site and watching a video
clip, the cup usage will jump to 100% and the video becomes unwatchable with
jerky video performance and the sound is broken up.

I noticed the same if I try to play videos or sound from the local co drive,
it's unusable if I try to network stream anything.

I have called Acer and they've given me a ticket to return it on possibly
for a repair but I just wanted to know if anyone had a solution or
experienced similar issues.

Thanks in advance..

Old July 31st 08, 06:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Gator

If you have Notebook Manager click on it and go to
Boot Options.. Then you should see a box which
enables you to turn the fan on continuously or leave
it to computer's system.. Luck

Old August 1st 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

If you have an Nvidia graphic chipset, they have been having huge numbers of
failures. Recent updates to the bios on these machines have turned the fan
up all the time in an effort to keep them from failing before the warranty
expires. The manufactures have been cooperating with Nvidia in trying to
keep this quiet, but it has leaked out, and the size of the problem is huge.
Don't waste time, get your unit back in for repair while you can. Undoing
the effect of the update will only shorten the chip life and you could be
left holding the bill for the repair. Good luck. Maybe you don't have that
chipset in your system and the problem is something else.

Old August 2nd 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

Nope. Intel chipset.

HH

"Gator" wrote in message ...
If you have Notebook Manager click on it and go to
Boot Options.. Then you should see a box which
enables you to turn the fan on continuously or leave
it to computer's system.. Luck

Acer Travelmate 5720 Saša T. Acer Computers 0 March 4th 08 07:36 PM
Aspire AST180 RedWingFan Acer Computers 1 June 22nd 07 05:26 PM
Aspire 3503 Perico Acer Computers 0 October 1st 05 10:26 AM
Acer Aspire 2000: high pitch noise J og F Acer Computers 1 September 4th 04 04:15 PM
aspire 1302xc robby Acer Computers 2 September 24th 03 04:22 AM