128G Patriot usb flashstick ate it

Old March 25th 21, 07:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default 128G Patriot usb flashstick ate it

Practically, seems all that's left in that Patriot is to fight to be
identified. Long enough and often enough, in any event, to drop down
to a Sandisc flashstick, half the storage at comparably terrible
transfer rates.

But, but USB flashdrives are sooo cheap -- yeah right. So is a 128G
SSD waiting to bust out on a fire sale, rather only more expensive if
then fitted with a USB to SATA interface. And if the SSD is that
cheap, besides, there just might be curious aspects related to overall
longevity, for one;- it's definitely going to be closer to a
traditional HDD drive interface than a flashstick;- flashsticks simply
don't know how to TRIM themself, even if left on a BIOS screen
overnight. None the worse for the reasoning, why not some extra trim,
if that does if for you.

What I've (briefly) encountered (while reading) is the SSD interface
isn't necessarily going to set the world definitively on fire with
(USB2/?3) speeds, although reading is neither conclusively short of
the actual attempt. And though my Patriot has averaged consistently
great speeds, over I'm now getting from the Sandisk, (speed being not
being a prime order if only to note), rather it's the developing
failure to identify itself that affects me.

An alternative then, as it were, to flashsticks. Granted, the Sandisk
is by and far beyond cute for the latest designs to still the wide
market they serve, compared to wrapping duct tape around a USB-SATA's
interface wires, strapping them against a SSD itself, in an attempt to
accessorize a Dangle Factor to appearances in a tradition for
overbuilt computers resembling overflowing plates of spaghetti.