geforce 4 temps.

Old May 21st 04, 10:29 PM
robin.gordon1

Default geforce 4 temps.

I have a geforce 4 ti 4200 64MB in my system running at a temp of 40.8C is
this standard, running 20MHz up on both GPU and Mem speeds gives 45.7C.
is this the normal temps or should I buy another cooler or a better graphics
card. in my current 8KRA2+, XP3200+ system when cold I can do a
3dmark2001SE of 12100 (300/600) but when warmed up I'm stuck with near stock
clock settings.

Robin

Old May 25th 04, 05:54 AM
Augustus

"robin.gordon1" wrote in message
I have a geforce 4 ti 4200 64MB in my system running at a temp of 40.8C is
this standard, running 20MHz up on both GPU and Mem speeds gives 45.7C.
is this the normal temps or should I buy another cooler or a better

graphics
card. in my current 8KRA2+, XP3200+ system when cold I can do a
3dmark2001SE of 12100 (300/600) but when warmed up I'm stuck with near

stock
clock settings.

Robin

That's not a temp to be concerned about. And unless you really need DX9, I
would not be rushing out to upgrade the card. You're running it as a Ti4600
or so. 12,000 on 3DMark01 is decent. Probably will do about 2700 or so on
3DMark03 at that o/c. Your score is exactly what my Radeon 8500 128Mb
running 300/600 on a Barton 3200 gets.