Leaving on a water cooling system all the time.

Old October 27th 04, 06:45 PM
Shadowlander

Default Leaving on a water cooling system all the time.

My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
a bad thing?

Thanks for any infor.
Old October 27th 04, 09:27 PM
YanquiDawg

Well, most water pumps don't last very long anyway so you'll probably have to
change it out more often.I went through 3 in 2.5 years with the pump only
running 1/2 a day every day.

Old November 2nd 04, 10:20 PM
Alexander Ferrari

Try the "AquaStream"-Pum from www.aquacomputer.de
This pump is specially for use in computers. i have it, it works great!

"Satan's Little Sister" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Thus spake YanquiDawg:

My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
a bad thing?

Well, most water pumps don't last very long anyway so you'll probably have
change it out more often.I went through 3 in 2.5 years with the pump only
running 1/2 a day every day.

What kind of pump were you using? I had a small fountain pump get
noisy after six months of 24/7 (still works though). But a bigger
better fountain pump (Beckett was the make I think) has been running
great for nearly three years and my Swiftech MCP600 has been on nearly
continuously for around two years.

If you have quality parts, 24/7 is no big deal. If you have cheap
part, their limited life span will be used up soon.

--
sls

Old November 3rd 04, 11:57 PM
YanquiDawg

They were ViaAqua (3500?). First it would make small noises then graduate to
grinding, then one just stopped dead. The others I took out before they died.
I can't figure the grinding considering they are magnetic pump and there's
really nothing to grind. They seem fairly clean when taken apart.A little white
residue on the barrel. But even after cleaning they still made noise.
I guess for the dough I blew I coulda got a really good eheim.

Whats the best water cooling system out their ? S.S.Hot Rocks General 4 June 20th 04 03:37 AM
Whats the best water cooling system out their ? Phil Weldon Overclocking 2 June 19th 04 03:28 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Aquarius II Water cooling Nick Young Overclocking 5 August 30th 03 07:27 AM
water cool system Raichu Mouse Pokémon Overclocking 0 August 6th 03 02:07 AM