Any views on Sapphire or Connect3d X1950 pro graphics card?

Old March 13th 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Any views on Sapphire or Connect3d X1950 pro graphics card?

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics, does anyone have experience of
either the Sapphire X1950 pro or the Connect3d X1950 pro graphics
card. I have my eyes on buying one of these cards but I can't decide
on which to buy. I have found reviews on the sapphire but I have
found very little on this connect3d card. Any info would be most
appreciated - thanks

Old March 13th 07, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Lykkegaard

wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics, does anyone have experience of
either the Sapphire X1950 pro or the Connect3d X1950 pro graphics
card.

Don't buy the Sapphire X1950Pro imho it is faulty
You might want to check the forum at
http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/

Some claims that you need a PSU wich can give you 12v/30A otherwise you'd
crash the card

I have had a Sapphire X1950Pro powered by a Seasonic S12-500 and it crashed
on me after a few days
Today I have two rigs equipped with MSI X1950XT and S12-500, both runs fine

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!

Old March 13th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I concur, it's not the x1950pro design that's a problem, it's Sapphire's
implementation of the cooling. There are scads of reports of large air gaps
between the heatsinks and the components, etc. I had a Sapphire card and it
crashed the system every time after about 1 min of 3D work. Replaced it
with the HIS version of the card(has much beefier cooling) and have had zero
problems with it.

I strongly urge you to check the reviews on newegg and the supplier's forums
to see what problems are encountered. Sapphire's x1950pro has been a
disaster.

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote in message
k...

Old March 13th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Lykkegaard

m wrote:

I strongly urge you to check the reviews on newegg and the supplier's
forums to see what problems are encountered. Sapphire's x1950pro has
been a disaster.

Oh btw on a third rig we are running with the Sapphire X1900Pro card without
probs
Same MB, CPU and PSU

- Peter

Old March 16th 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On 13 Mar, 22:40, "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote:
m wrote:
I strongly urge you to check the reviews on newegg and the supplier's
forums to see what problems are encountered. Sapphire's x1950pro has
been a disaster.

Oh btw on a third rig we are running with the Sapphire X1900Pro card without
probs
Same MB, CPU and PSU

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!

Thanks for your replies, this graphics card seems to be one which you
either love or hate. Most people think it's excellent & outstanding
value as it's the cheapest x1950 pro that I've seen, but the downside
is that there is a sizeable number of users who have pain and grief
with it.

I would rather go for the connect3d x1950 pro but I've only found 1
review of it which makes me wonder about it.

NN

Old March 16th 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Squat

"m" wrote in message
I concur, it's not the x1950pro design that's a problem, it's Sapphire's
implementation of the cooling. There are scads of reports of large air
gaps between the heatsinks and the components, etc. I had a Sapphire card
and it crashed the system every time after about 1 min of 3D work.
Replaced it with the HIS version of the card(has much beefier cooling) and
have had zero problems with it.

I went with an HIS x1950 AGP board (based on recommendations in this
newsgroup). Installation went flawless (about 10min) and board works like a
dream. However, Check your PS specs. It requires a 450W PS for proper
operation (at least that is what the manual said.)
I upgraded to a new PS first and my pc works fine. (Also cured my occasional
fuzzy screen on boot problems...)
Squat.