Mobile Athlon 2500 question

Old October 5th 04, 12:01 PM
SpellmanXP \(about to upgrade to SP2!\)

Default Mobile Athlon 2500 question

My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

(L12 Mod, from this page:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

thanks.

Old October 5th 04, 12:05 PM
Chip

**** wrote in message
My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

no, just plug the cpu in and set it up in the bios.

Old October 5th 04, 03:17 PM
Geoff

SpellmanXP (about to upgrade to SP2!) wrote:
My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket
of my nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

(L12 Mod, from this page:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the
cpu parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

thanks.

yes you have to do user defined, you don't have a choice
here are the default settings for a normal batron xp2500

1.65v
multiplyer = x11
fsb = 166mhz

set it to that to start off with, and go from there
1.65v should be enough to get to err 2.0ghz at least (200x 10)
download prime95 and use it's torture test for at least 1 hour to test if
your system is going to be stable

general rules of overclocking are, keep adding more mhz until it become
unstable, then add more core voltage, but making sure the cpu temp stay
within safe limits

Old October 5th 04, 07:11 PM

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:01:50 +0100, "SpellmanXP \(about to upgrade to
SP2!\)" **** wrote:

My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

(L12 Mod, from this page:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

thanks.

What version NF7-S ?

BoroLad
Old October 6th 04, 12:07 PM

SP2!\)" **** wrote:

My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

(L12 Mod, from this page:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

thanks.

What version NF7-S ?

BoroLad

v2

I'm just setting up now. New case finally arrived.

Old October 7th 04, 06:49 PM
Avid Gamer

Got mine running at 2.5 ghz very happy chappy, runs much faster
than a 3200 XP, not that that means much, still faster though.