120mm Fan on Lian LI PC60?

Old October 7th 03, 04:27 PM
Tai Tze Hou \(Alvin\)

Default 120mm Fan on Lian LI PC60?

Can a 120mm fan be modified on the front and back of a Lian Li PC60 case?

Thank you.

Old October 7th 03, 05:26 PM
Ed Medlin

"Tai Tze Hou (Alvin)" wrote in message
Can a 120mm fan be modified on the front and back of a Lian Li PC60 case?

Thank you.

Just took a look at mine and I am sure it could be done with a Dremel. Why
would you want to do that though? My Lian Li is about the best ventilated
case I have ever had and the fan setup is extremely quiet. Mine came with
two fronts, a back and a top fan and they are so quiet that the loudest
sound coming from my system are the bubbles in the aquarium side panel. They
get just a tad louder if the case temps get over 40C, but that is very rare.
I run the case fans off the auxiliary PSU for a SubZero 4G Tec cooler on the
CPU and it controls the speeds fine. If you want to mod it for the 120mm you
will probably loose the bottom floppy bay and will probably have to cut
through some of the structural part of the back panel also. Some PC60s
didn't have the top fan, so that might be something you could do instead of
chopping up a very nice case.

Ed