On-board USB 2.0 on ASUS P4S800D

Old September 10th 04, 09:02 PM
The Berzerker

Default On-board USB 2.0 on ASUS P4S800D

Hello. On the motherboard CD, when clicking to install the USB 2.0 Drivers,
it opens up notepad and says

'How to update USB 2.0 Driver on Windows XP

Microsoft Windows Update lists all available updates on the Web.
You need download Windows XP Service Pack 1 because Microsoft
USB 2.0 drivers are included.'

I've been to windows update and now have service pack 1, however, when
connecting my Mp3 player to a USB port, I'm treated to a balloon (the
messages from the system tray) that says I'm connecting a Hi-Speed USB
device to a low-speed connection.... or something like that. So, why is it
still functioning at USB 1 speeds?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, thanks very much!

Chris.

Old September 11th 04, 02:55 AM
The Berzerker

"The Berzerker" wrote in message
Hello. On the motherboard CD, when clicking to install the USB 2.0

Drivers,
it opens up notepad and says

'How to update USB 2.0 Driver on Windows XP

Microsoft Windows Update lists all available updates on the Web.
You need download Windows XP Service Pack 1 because Microsoft
USB 2.0 drivers are included.'

I've been to windows update and now have service pack 1, however, when
connecting my Mp3 player to a USB port, I'm treated to a balloon (the
messages from the system tray) that says I'm connecting a Hi-Speed USB
device to a low-speed connection.... or something like that. So, why is it
still functioning at USB 1 speeds?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, thanks very much!

Chris.

I've solved this myself. By simply going to the device manager, you can see
exclamation marks all over the usb stuff, right click, and select update, or
install driver, whatever it said..... let it search for them itself, and it
magically found them! Job done. Maybe this will help someone else down the
line.

Old September 12th 04, 03:17 PM
The Berzerker

"Lil' Dave" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

I hadn't realsied they'd be sitting on my hard disk, untouched, after a
windows update. Don't bite me.