overclock e6700 with DQ965GF

Old December 17th 08, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Jerry MAY

Default overclock e6700 with DQ965GF

Hi,

How can I overclock e6700 with DQ965GF mainboard ?

Is there a guide available and how far can I do the overclocking ?

Regards,

Jerry
Old December 22nd 08, 09:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Fishface[_2_]

Jerry MAY wrote:
How can I overclock e6700 with DQ965GF mainboard ?

Is there a guide available and how far can I do the overclocking ?

Seen this?
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t280634.html

Clockgen seems to be MIA from cpuid.com, but you could probably find
it somewhere else.

Old December 23rd 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Paul

Fishface wrote:
Jerry MAY wrote:
How can I overclock e6700 with DQ965GF mainboard ?

Is there a guide available and how far can I do the overclocking ?

Seen this?
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t280634.html

Clockgen seems to be MIA from cpuid.com, but you could probably find
it somewhere else.

You could get Clockgen 1.0.5.3, from an archived page from the site.
Archive.org is frequently overloaded, so you have to be very patient
some times. There is a download link, when this page appears. Note -
this archive site has a tendency to remove the last byte of the file
it archives, and at least in the case of one executable, I had to
add 0x00 byte to the end of the executable, before WinXP would run it.
When you download the ZIP file here, it will be "damaged". I just checked
here, and when PKZIP repairs the file, it did add one more byte of
0x00 to the end of the file.

http://web.archive.org/web/200709271...m/clockgen.php

When that link is formulated like this, you get to see all available
archive dates for the page.

http://web.archive.org/*/http://www....m/clockgen.php

A second alterative for programming a clock generator is SETFSB.

http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/

Clock generator programs only support a limited set of
chips, so the vast majority of motherboards will not be supported.

Multiplier programming can be done with RMClock or CrystalCPUID.
You drop the multiplier, any time you're experimenting with a
higher FSB or perhaps higher memory settings. Dropping the
multiplier, prevents the CPU core clock from being a limitation.
I find the interface of RMClock to be overly complicated for
this. With CrystalCPUID, the setting won't "take" immediately,
and if you're watching the results with CPUZ from CPUID, it
takes some fiddling around with CrystalCPUID menus, before the
setting finally changes on the hardware.

http://crystalmark.info/software/Cry...D/index-e.html

Paul

E6600 or E6700? Dave Smith General 6 April 23rd 07 03:33 PM
QX6700 vs E6700 [email protected] Intel 15 April 6th 07 03:56 PM
DQ965GF problems [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 4 February 24th 07 03:51 PM
DQ965GF and IDU (Intel Desktop Utility) mg Intel 1 January 22nd 07 06:19 AM
DQ965GF poor RAID 5 write performance [email protected] Intel 6 December 27th 06 05:06 AM