Overclocking hypertransport?

Old December 20th 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Darren Garrison

Default Overclocking hypertransport?

Quick question from someone who hasn't overclocked in years-- I just overclocked
my new AMD X2 5050e from 200x13 2.6 GHz to 220x13 2.86 GHz, getting my DDR2 800
at the proper speed of 400 (well, a bit over) instead of the 371 it was running
at. But my hypertransport bus is now pushed to 1100 MHz instead of 1000 MHz.
Is that okay? System seems stable so far (after an hour or two).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/cpuz.htm
Old December 20th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Ed Medlin

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
Quick question from someone who hasn't overclocked in years-- I just
overclocked
my new AMD X2 5050e from 200x13 2.6 GHz to 220x13 2.86 GHz, getting my
DDR2 800
at the proper speed of 400 (well, a bit over) instead of the 371 it was
running
at. But my hypertransport bus is now pushed to 1100 MHz instead of 1000
MHz.
Is that okay? System seems stable so far (after an hour or two).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/cpuz.htm

It should be fine as long as it is stable and you don't see any
extraordinarily high temperatures. Running a couple of instances of Orthos
for a few hours should give you some idea about stability. In your case, I
would run it on the 'blend' setting which stresses ram and cpu equally.

Ed

Old January 25th 09, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
phaedrus06[_2_]

I agree with the last poster. Also to note Hyper Transport maxing out is
usually determined by the motherboard, that is your manufacturer should
have stated the HT capabilities like HT 1.0, HT 2.0, or HT 3.0. From
this you can determine what is the max HT you can use since it
technically isn't software or OS dependent. Nowadays HT go up to, or
higher in some cases, 2000MHz.

Old January 26th 09, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
RobV[_2_]

phaedrus06 wrote:
I agree with the last poster. Also to note Hyper Transport maxing out
is usually determined by the motherboard, that is your manufacturer
should have stated the HT capabilities like HT 1.0, HT 2.0, or HT
3.0. From this you can determine what is the max HT you can use since
it technically isn't software or OS dependent. Nowadays HT go up to,
or higher in some cases, 2000MHz.

Hello, again. Apparently, you are new to Usenet. It is common practice
to quote the person(s) you are responding to, as you'll note Ed did when
replying to Darren. This should give you a more complete explanation:

Thanks!