Opinions on CPU choice please....

Old August 10th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Gorby

Default Opinions on CPU choice please....

Gorby wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

That's tiny!

I have a really good case for cooling, it's an iCute S901-5G1-BB, on
this page:

http://icute.com.tw/english/S901.html

They're relatively inexpensive but excellent for cooling, the best
I've seen.

I have an extra 12cm fan for the front so there are two blowing in
over my 4 HDDs with a DVD writer mounted at the top and a CDROM at the
bottom. I have a 12cm fan exhausting from under the PSU (another 12cm
fan in PSU) as well as the 25cm fan on the side. I actually have to
reduce the cooling in winter as my HDDs run *too* cold! My current
E4500 2.2GHz @ 3.32GHz idles at ambient + 8°C and runs 100% load at
ambient +24°. (Ambient ranges from 15° to 26°.) That's with a
Thermaltake MiniTyphoon all copper top-down cooler (to ensure good
cooling of the VRM MOSFETs).

I'm looking forward to getting my E7300 and will be happy if it will
run at 10 x 400MHz for 4GHz fingers crossed. That's a 150% OC, a bit
less than I'm getting now with my 65nm E4500. If it does that fine I
don't think I'll try pushing the envelope any more. (Yeah, right!)

Cheers,

My last case was an iCute. Brilliant case! That 25cm side fan blows
plenty of cool air over everything. It came with the clear plastic side
panel and lots of blue LEDs on the fan. Ho hum! I'm not into that so I
disconnected them. One thing I do like about having a clear side panel
is that you can see when things get a little dusty inside. I have always
regularly cleaned out the dust in my cases, but I do it even more so now
that I can see.

I have an e8400 with the FSB upped to 400, STD voltage, Corsair
TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX 4-4-4-12 voltage upped to 2.1v on a Gigabyte
P23C-DS3R.
Still quite new at OCing, but having fun!

That's a P35C-DS3R mobo.
Old August 10th 08, 06:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
~misfit~[_3_]

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Gorby" typed:
Gorby wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

[...]

I reckon. Cheap for what it is too. A mate bought a Gigabyte case at the
same time from the same place (in fact I didn't go to buy a case, I went for
a ride with him) and he really regrets not getting the same case as me now.
His was 2.5 x the price of mine and gets hot.

That 25cm side fan blows
plenty of cool air over everything.

It sure does. Only rotates at ~500 rpm, is essentially silent but really
moves the air. The GPU fan intake area and SB both benefit immensely

It came with the clear plastic
side panel and lots of blue LEDs on the fan.

Mine has niether, just the fan (without LEDs). The front fan/s have blue
LEDs, as does the Thermaltake 12cm fan I fitted to the back and the 12cm PSU
fan. [shrug] Don't bother me none.

Ho hum! I'm not into
that so I disconnected them. One thing I do like about having a
clear side panel is that you can see when things get a little dusty
inside. I have always regularly cleaned out the dust in my cases,
but I do it even more so now that I can see.

I don't have a clear side panel but the side of mine rarely stays on for
more than a month without me opening it for one thing or another. I find
that CO cleaner in a spray can excellent for cleaning, especially RAM / PCI
/ ... slots, which is the main reason I bought it. However, it's great for
generally cleaning the mobo. A little expensive but it does an awesome job.

I have an e8400 with the FSB upped to 400, STD voltage, Corsair
TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX 4-4-4-12 voltage upped to 2.1v on a Gigabyte
P23C-DS3R.
Still quite new at OCing, but having fun!

That's a P35C-DS3R mobo.

OCing is great fun IMO. As long as you're careful and sensible there's no
reason you can't get more from your CPU. Of course it's not for everyone.
Some people are happy to pay more for a faster CPU and never tax their
brains thinking about things like vcore and die temp. g

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Old September 26th 08, 12:27 AM
johnphilips johnphilips is offline
Junior Member

Depending upon the the capacity of the game you should chose the CPU.There are the latest version in cpu before going for it have a look on them.
Johnphilips

web hosting
web design Australia

MB choice for C2D Neil Overclocking 1 December 29th 06 04:27 AM
Ext. USB HD Choice? fred Storage & Hardrives 2 October 9th 05 09:24 PM
Ext. USB HD Choice? fred Asus Motherboards 15 October 1st 05 06:36 AM
Best choice for mb? ***** charles Asus Motherboards 6 July 21st 04 07:16 AM