CPU speed related to Ram Timing?

Old August 20th 05, 03:25 PM
news_reader

Default CPU speed related to Ram Timing?

I have a Northwoods 2.8 and Kingston Hyperx DDR 466. Do I understand that I
can push the timings of the ram lower, and also cause of DDR 466, push the
CPU higher? I had some Corsair value Select stuff (DDR 400) that I couldn't
improve the timings at all, and the CPU would not go past 2.9, but so far
with this KIngston DDR 466 I have the ram voltage higher and timings of
3-3-4-7, the cpu @3.2....would DDR 400, but with faster timings give this
boost in speed?

TIA

Old August 26th 08, 12:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
pjgtech

news_reader wrote:
I have a Northwoods 2.8 and Kingston Hyperx DDR 466. Do I understand that I
can push the timings of the ram lower, and also cause of DDR 466, push the
CPU higher? I had some Corsair value Select stuff (DDR 400) that I couldn't
improve the timings at all, and the CPU would not go past 2.9, but so far
with this KIngston DDR 466 I have the ram voltage higher and timings of
3-3-4-7, the cpu @3.2....would DDR 400, but with faster timings give this
boost in speed?

TIA

If that is the only thing you have changed then you have your answer.

If you had "value" ram before and it would not O/C, that s why, its
"value" ram for a reason.

Higher priced and higher quality ram will generally always be faster
than similar cheap ram.
Old September 1st 08, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
KillerCroc[_2_]

Default High quality computer parts

We operate a small online store selling products from Thermaltake,
Zalman, Yate Loon, Nexus, and others.
Check us out at http://stores.ebay.com/Teliperk-Technologies-Inc

--
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
- William Claude Dunkenfield (W. C. Fields)
Old September 1st 08, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
2CA001

KillerCroc wrote:
We operate a small online store selling.....

I've seen you spamming multiple groups, so spam abuse report sent to

How to speed up my CPU? MC General 11 December 12th 04 08:11 PM
AthlonXP 2000 on MSI KT4AV with (VIA KT400A) chipset Mainboard has Speed ÎÔ»¢²ØÁúCrouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Overclocking AMD Processors 0 April 29th 04 12:41 AM
FSB, Bus speed, memory speed??!! esara General Hardware 1 April 8th 04 04:19 AM
Synchronize vs. non-synchronize FSB/Memory speed? Ohaya Overclocking AMD Processors 0 March 11th 04 08:11 AM
Q-fan settings and buying a variable speed detectable and variable fan: WTF kgs Asus Motherboards 21 January 6th 04 01:32 AM