1.4 GHz Tualatin Celeron overclock?

Old March 14th 05, 04:31 PM
BananaOfTheNight

Default 1.4 GHz Tualatin Celeron overclock?

Hi all.

I'll get straight to the point: how stable would a system that has a
Gigabyte GA-6VTXEA (Via 694T chipset) motherboard and a 1.4 GHz Tualatin
Celeron (100 MHz FSB) be if I were to push the FSB up to 133 MHz to get
a 1.8 GHz P3.

I will be using a Tagan 380W PSU and there will be a relatively light
load on it (one modern Seagate 80 GB, 2 optical drives and a Radeon
9550). The board supports native 133 MHz FSB and I will be using PC133
SDRAM.

Also, what do you think would be the highest that I could push the FSB
up to in this case (if 133 fails, or if I can go higher)?

Thanks in advance.
Old March 14th 05, 04:49 PM
Pat

I think you'd be quite lucky to get it stable at that speed. That power
supply should be fine though.

I think they will generally get up to 1.65 or 1.7. Let us know how it goes.

"BananaOfTheNight" wrote in
message ...

Old March 14th 05, 05:08 PM
BananaOfTheNight

I think you'd be quite lucky to get it stable at that speed. That power
supply should be fine though.

I think they will generally get up to 1.65 or 1.7. Let us know how it goes.

Alright. I won't be able to do it for a week or so... fingers crossed.
On a related note, what would be a good overclocking board for this CPU
(if the current one isn't)?
Old March 15th 05, 11:11 AM
Motman

BananaOfTheNight wrote:
Hi all.

I'll get straight to the point: how stable would a system that has a
Gigabyte GA-6VTXEA (Via 694T chipset) motherboard and a 1.4 GHz Tualatin
Celeron (100 MHz FSB) be if I were to push the FSB up to 133 MHz to get
a 1.8 GHz P3.

I will be using a Tagan 380W PSU and there will be a relatively light
load on it (one modern Seagate 80 GB, 2 optical drives and a Radeon
9550). The board supports native 133 MHz FSB and I will be using PC133
SDRAM.

Also, what do you think would be the highest that I could push the FSB
up to in this case (if 133 fails, or if I can go higher)?

Thanks in advance.

My Tualatin 1.4 run at 1.68, (FSB 120) very stabile... at FSB 122
(1708MHz) he crashed sometimes...
I also have Tagan 380W PSU, and PC133 Micron 512MB
Old March 15th 05, 12:44 PM
BananaOfTheNight

My Tualatin 1.4 run at 1.68, (FSB 120) very stabile... at FSB 122
(1708MHz) he crashed sometimes...
I also have Tagan 380W PSU, and PC133 Micron 512MB

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind and feed it lots of Prime95.
Old March 15th 05, 05:46 PM
Spajky

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:31:09 +0000, BananaOfTheNight
wrote:

I'll get straight to the point: how stable would a system that has a
Gigabyte GA-6VTXEA (Via 694T chipset) motherboard and a 1.4 GHz Tualatin
Celeron (100 MHz FSB) be if I were to push the FSB up to 133 MHz to get
a 1.8 GHz P3.

with Asus Tusl-2c , massive cooler & hell of a good sample & overvolt
to 1,75 at least, ... possible ... but very hard ...

IMHO with your MoBo i doubt it, but anyway you can try till it goes
stable ..., you could hit max. 1,7GHz ...
--
˛˛ ˛˛ Regards , SPAJKY ®
\\.//_. mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
Old March 16th 05, 05:13 AM
P2B

BananaOfTheNight wrote:

Hi all.

I'll get straight to the point: how stable would a system that has a
Gigabyte GA-6VTXEA (Via 694T chipset) motherboard and a 1.4 GHz Tualatin
Celeron (100 MHz FSB) be if I were to push the FSB up to 133 MHz to get
a 1.8 GHz P3.

Virtually no chance of even POSTing, on any motherboard.

Tualatin cores are almost always good for 1.6Ghz, really good samples
maybe 1.7Ghz. They run cool at any speed, so extreme cooling doesn't
help. IME they don't respond to Vcore increases either, in fact I've
seen some run faster with reduced Vcore.

My best Tualeron does 1.68Ghz (12 x 140 @ 1.35v).

P2B

Old March 16th 05, 09:39 AM
BananaOfTheNight

Virtually no chance of even POSTing, on any motherboard.

Tualatin cores are almost always good for 1.6Ghz, really good samples
maybe 1.7Ghz. They run cool at any speed, so extreme cooling doesn't
help. IME they don't respond to Vcore increases either, in fact I've
seen some run faster with reduced Vcore.

My best Tualeron does 1.68Ghz (12 x 140 @ 1.35v).

Woah. That (and the post directly above) put a damper on things pretty
quick. Still, I suppose I shouldn't really expect it to work at 1.3
times its original speed, after the P3 core had to be re-designed twice
just to get it above 1.1 GHz. I am probably just going to run it at
stock speeds in the long run - finding even this motherboard was
incredibly hard (let alone a nice TUSL-2) and the CPU almost as much so.
I want this PC to survive and last - it's going to be for all the old
games that got broken by newer DirectX and other suchlike (it gets a
Voodoo 5, but I'm giving it to my brother for a bit and he wants a mite
more graphical muscle).

Thanks for the advice.
Old March 16th 05, 01:02 PM
Spajky

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:13:33 -0500, P2B wrote:

My best Tualeron does 1.68Ghz (12 x 140 @ 1.35v).

P2B

Hi P2B, still alive huh?
very nice result @ so low Vcore !!!

long time ago I wrote:
...you experiment so much, that one day you´ll come out with a success of running even IBM G4 or AMD chip on BX ... :-))))) ...

not quite so but something similar some companies did freshly, check:
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD0xMDM2
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...998-602&depa=0

also check some my research (you could find it interesting to see):
http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/benchMem.htm