Replacing parts

Old March 15th 05, 12:38 AM
ChristianRSantillo

Default Replacing parts

Hello,

I have a 200GB WD Caviar harddrive that crashed (worked fine, passed
recent scandisk checks, then started clicking). I am ordering the exact
same drive, and plan on replacing everything except the drive. Can
anyone provide any more information that I may need in doing this? What
are my chances of seeing my data?

Thanks,
Christian

Old March 15th 05, 09:27 PM
Rod Speed

ChristianRSantillo wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a 200GB WD Caviar harddrive that crashed (worked fine,
passed recent scandisk checks, then started clicking). I am ordering
the exact same drive, and plan on replacing everything except the drive.

Not clear what you mean by that, presumably you
mean replacing everything except the mechanical
parts of the drive, the platters and heads.

Can anyone provide any more information that I may need in doing this?

Its easy enough to change the logic card.

What are my chances of seeing my data?

Very low, no one has reported doing that successfully
even with a pair of brand new drives, successfully
swapping the logic card between two identical drives,
with that particular drive that I have ever seen.

Professional recovery can get your data back, but its very very expensive.

Old March 16th 05, 07:24 AM
Odie Ferrous

Rod Speed wrote:

Very low, no one has reported doing that successfully

I would go even further and say "about zilch."

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk