ANY form of programmable or adjustable Logics or Controller boards for IDE?

Old August 4th 03, 01:01 AM
Eric Gisin

Default ANY form of programmable or adjustable Logics or Controller boards for IDE?

I suggest you start by reading the ATA specs and getting an EE degree. We (and
you) may understand what you are trying to accomplish.

"SyKoTaBoY" wrote in message
et...
APPOLOGIES in advance for the LENGTH of this msg, but I doubt anyone will be
much interested in answering, much less have a solution forom experience
with "IT engineers" and other newsgroups......But am "hoping" for some form of
valued response or atleast a different outlook from the average "give it up"
statement....ROFL....anyhow, here goes for nothing:

I'm looking for some form of CONTROLLABLE or "adjustable" logic-board for
IDE harddrives, such as Western Digital, Maxtor, etc,..

I severely "Doubt" it is "marketed," much less available anywhere....but it
sure would be nice to accidentally find out it WAS?....

Otherwise, I'd like to find some form of Adjustable, software-controlled IDE
controller card, on which I could specify ALL characteristics and specs of ANY
IDE drive attached....such as parameters for sectors, HDA, Heads, Cylinders,
etc,..

And NO I'm not interested in some doofus promo-statement for drive-recovery
labs....

If I "HAVE TO" I'll figure out SOME way to make a manually adjustable Logic
board to tie directly to each IDE drive...It might take a few light-years, or
just a few months..... But since the depth of science of Harddrive
controllers and REAL INFORMATION on such is some sort of CIA MEGA-SECRET, I
have little or NO choice!

Joey

OTHER Questions a

1) Is there anyone who makes ADJUSTABLE or PROGRAMMABLE parameter logic
boards?

2) Is there any OPTIMIZED software or hack-method for going AROUND the BIOs
controlling what the system "ASSUMEs" is attached, and manually adjust?

3) are there ANY "IN-DEPTH" websites of NON-SELF-PROMOTING and REAL research
info on harddrives that are NOT the usual .com site pushing some company's
data-recovery services or some "drive-to-be" BS?....something ANYTHING of
actually intellectual questioning or answering, or even just theory?

4) WHY is real IN-DEPTH information, books and actual, "ABOVE KINDERGARTEN"
livel information or tech-manual level study such a completely NON_EXISTENT
subject that atleast "seems to be" completely NEVER-TO-BE-PRINTED by
punishment of DEATH and sacrifice of the Human Soul-for eternity???!!!

urrrggghhhhh, even just real info or INDEPTH (multiple volume or multi-hunred
page) tech manuals on ancient, who gives-a0-crap about fighting the
competition with secrets, outdated junk like engineering and design of early
caveman level 100meg, 500 meg and 2, 5 , 10 and 15 Gigabyte drives???

You'd think I were asking for how God creates life and to teach ME how to take
his place....Is there really just NO-ONE interested in this science or
research that does NOT have some remote-controlled self-death pellet
surgically inserted with a remote for HD makers to just KILL them off the
second they even breath, much less "speak" the thought of it outside the
payroll of a communist-level dictatorship against human freedom of employees
who do not remain in a basement dungeon with NO public exposure from
birth-to-death?

Old August 4th 03, 07:21 PM
Nick

Try to look at www.t13.org

Nick
Old August 5th 03, 09:05 AM
SyKoTaBoY

Try to look at www.t13.org

Nick

T h a n k Y O U , N i c k ! ! !

and "IF" you have ANY other cool sites like http://www.t13.org/ please,
please, please, PLEASE let me know....
I'll be right here, with NO intention of leaving till I get somewhere near
to solution, death, or, better yet, just good ole total-insanity...(atleast
"ONE" of them will be a conclusion point..).....

FINALLY!!!.....

.....Someone with an actual "REPLY".....

It's not an "total" answer to my current puzzle, but it "IS" some useful
data, VERY useful...and even repetitive old material like this is a
TRILLION TIMES better than ANY of the complete DUMPSTER-fillament on the
dot-CUM sites......oops! Excuse me, I meant
DOT-"COM!"..........dot-com/dot-cum...they both serve the same master of
purpose in pretending to know "ANYTHING" and and appearing to mean well,
while knowningly saying "NOTHING!"....hehe....NADA!....Ziop!....Silch,
zero....

Thanx ..ReaLLy!!....

Here I'd thought it'd be a-few-months-longer and some old retired Electronic
Engineering/Computer-corp-exec geezer, with preserved dentures, on a porch
chair, or yacht-deck, with a laptop might accidentally be "kind enough" to
give me a few links or leads worth reading.....

.....and I get lucky with the FIRST reply from a normal person within just a
couple days!!...

To say I'm DESPERATE is putting it very, very, extremely mildly......I've
filled two rooms and 600-Gigs with "books," and pirated "E-Books" and
"Scans" and been thru the libraries, universities, and all the bookstores,
with little more than a snicker and a wish to go waste a few hours with some
hacker friends and possibly "learn" something, instead of hear the same
repetitive speeches and slurp-tones of suck-up-Licking....Looking for real
info on harddrive technical stuff is like hopeless......the published
material is a complete joke, and so far NOONE will even discuss the tuning
factors, the head-to-platter ratios of signal input/output at the armature
tips.....and NOONE seems to know ANYTHING about it who is breathing and
free of whatever dictatorship they suck-up-to....hehe(sorry, it's just
frustrating!)

I "WAS" gonna do this as a science project in 7th grade, but got jerked
around too much with the butt-licking tech people, IT engineers and
Harddrive company politicians with their "Go play, son, we';re
buttkissers, and don't say antything, cause we don't KNOW anything, anyhow!
If we knew ANYTHING AT ALL, we might have something NON-POLITICAL to
say...but we're all warn out from our outdated inventions, so we'd rather
sit on our tempo goldmine and milk it....go away, kid!" lines.....and the
next year, and the next, and so on....

THANK YOU!!!.......I don't have your FULL name or I'd submit you to Guiness
Book of World Records for actually "ANSWERING" or even ATTEMTPING to offer
"useful" help on such a SECRETIVE subject of evil.....

Thanxs alot ...

Joey
sykotaboy

I can't thank ya enuff......

I've got like 400+ IDE and about 200 SCSI drives given to me by Local
Businesses, to experiement with and freely destroy or even possibly have the
accident of getting-a-clue from.....hehe...... My room looks bad enough to
them with 50 some computers piled floor to ceiling, using one little bench
light, a few monitors and a tv-set, and having NO light entry in here
whatsoever since quad-tint-sealing windows 2 summers back ....My parents are
gonna love ya, once they find me again in here.

I told one of my modder friends I'd break this little mystery before
summer's end if it killed me, so I guess I'm speaking from an afterlife...

THANK GOD there's "SOMEONE" out there that has any Idea where I'm coming
from in desperation for materials and actual useable data, clues and
info.....I've only been outside a total of nine times since May, & 3 of
those were late at night with a couple visiting coder friends, and the other
six were arrivals of trucks from local companies with like
extremely-charitable givings of drives, cables, adaptors, etc,etc,....

I just wish there were more dudes in here like YOURSELF who had a way of
seeing what I need, even if "I" am too stupid to describe it........sure
beats listening to Mr. Know-it-all in the tech room down at
In-COMPetant-USA.....

Thanks!! ANY other links of this level would be great....I just tend to
ignore the dot-com sites fro VERY obvious reason....
Thank ALOT.....

wrote:

4) WHY is real IN-DEPTH information, books and actual, "ABOVE

KINDERGARTEN" level information or tech-manual level study such a completely

Try to look at www.t13.org

Nick