Finally fixed Canon i850 blue screen stop errors...

Old November 19th 03, 04:37 PM
Whippy

Default Finally fixed Canon i850 blue screen stop errors...

For months I would get blue screen stop errors when ever I would try
to print something. It didn't matter what type of file it would be.
It didn't matter the size of the file. it could be 30 MB or 30
kb....didn't matter. It wouldn't happen all the time. I found that
if I selected something in printing options to make your picture look
all nice. Blue screen. AND THIS WOULD BE AFTER A FORMAT AND FRESH
INSTALL OF WINDOWS XP. I even downloaded to most up to date drivers
from CANON for the I850 PRINTER Still would get this problem.
Checked this forum and saw that other people were getting the same
problem. More or less. Well yesterday I was thinking why oh why am I
getting this problem after over a year of this and nothing from Canon
about this problem. Well then something told me to check out the
connection. I use the USB connection for the printer. I also use a
USB HUB to connect many USB devices. The HUB itself goes into the
computer and the printer goes into the HUB. I thought maybe let me
try taking it out of the USB HUB and plug the printer directly into
the computer...and guess what? DING!!!! NOW IT DOWSN'T CRASH TO BLUE
SCREEN ANYMORE!!!! AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I WISH I HAD DONE THIS
BEFORE!!!!!

So if any of you have the same problem or similiar then you might want
to check this out. I know my HUB has an external power source. I was
thinking maybe the HUB wasn't getting enough power for all the
devices. Anyways, wanted to share, in case anyone else had this
problem.

DING!
Old November 19th 03, 07:29 PM
Peter van de Beek

Yeah,

I also did hade some sort of the same problem. When I connected it on an
actra PCI USB card, the computer started automaticly up after I shut it
down. So I did put it in my on-board USB port and it was solved... Sort of
the same problem.
I'm on Windows XP with also an Canon i850.

Greetings,
Peter "Shaggy" van de Beek.
The Netherlands.

"Whippy" schreef in bericht
om...

Old November 25th 03, 10:58 AM
Jin Bum

Maybe you need to get a USB 2 hub As i have a canon i865 on my Belkin USB 2
hub and it is perfect...