THREE FLOCKING HOURS ON HOLD !!!!!!!

Old September 20th 04, 12:29 PM
WSZsr

He won't say because the file he needed probably had nothing to do with his
Dell.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
what file? let others benefit from what you have learned by sharing it
here.

"1234" wrote in message
now that you feel better, tell us what your problem is and maybe someone

can
help.

The 'problem' was solved when a kind soul
on another group gave me the answer, informing
me the file wasn't to be found on the Dell site.

Thanks for the offer of help, btw...

I don't "..fell better..", thank you, I just think
of all the $$$ I have spent on these people, all
the people I suggested buying a Dell, and THIS is
how they treat me? EVERY SINCE they sent the tech/support
to India, no one can understand ya, they often hang
up, causing the need to re-dial. again and again...

If it's the last thing I do on this earth, I will make
sure many many others hear of the LIES and bull****
Dell spews out. If for some reason, folks don't like
my attitude (it sucks, I know) then kill file me.

In the meantime, let's see how many emails I can send
out (bomb?) telling others of Dell's "award winning service".

Betch ya I can get about 20,000 out by morning...

"1234" wrote in message
.. .

Listen, folks this just sucks. These assholes have had me
on hold now for 3 hours... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing Dell. I'm tired of it..

asswipes keep telling me how important my
call is to them. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED
with Dell?

My last Dell. My last recommended Dell

"..Excuse me, please..I am here still.."

Don't go away MAD, here's a SASE for you to fill out telling
me how tasty my dust is, and an order blank for re-fills....

..ok....NOW you can go......

Old September 20th 04, 01:57 PM
David Casey

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:56:32 -0400, 1234 wrote in
:

Sorry, I paid xtra for Dell extended support, on many PCs,
and this was real new. I knew what I needed, just
wanted to get it. Took me 3 hrs and from another source.

Maybe Dell should refund me some money? What about all those
who have no idea what a Newsgroup is, let alone that they
can get such info off Google..? Do they matter? Of course..

Then you should be happy since you learned a couple new places to look for
information before spending a couple hours on the phone. :-)

I have too, not every call my tech dept needs to make to
Dell is a bad one, but THIS one just sucked raw eggs.

Perhaps it was the time you called? Had you waited a couple hours or
called when it was late evening or even night there would have been fewer
people trying to call in. Timing is everything.

Hold on. 1st off, I needed it after a crash that happened today, 2nd IF
a consumer buys a Dell, they should be allowed even a dumb ? AND, Dell
should have people answering the phone, weeding out the dumb from the
easy to the hard. NO, they shove the same recordings over and over again,
even ads, while all I needed to do was ask a simple ?, and be gone.

Again, we're getting into the realm of how much money Dell or any company
should spend on keeping 9,000,000 technical support operators sitting
around on the off-chance that 9,000,000 people will all call at the same
time.

AGAIN, what about those who do not use N/Groups, and why after spending
xtra $$ for xtra Dell service should I have to go to a public forum..?

You don't! But if you spend a couple hours waiting on the phone when the
answer could have been found much more quickly that is your choice. ;-)

BTW, generally when I pay extra for any type of technical support I only
want the assurance that if my machine breaks they will fix it. Sort of
like that 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on my car. Sure, I get them to fix
it for me no problem, but they might need to keep my car for a couple days
waiting on the part.

No matter how good it is..

Google is your friend. Pass the word on.

I think the whole lesson you should have learned (other than getting all
****ed off at a company because they didn't perform to your expectations of
drop everything and help the person who already paid for their system)

Now you're just being stupid. I got ****ed well after the time
that Dell should of gotten online with me to answer my xtra $ paying ?

Why should Dell spend extra money keeping technical support people sitting
around waiting for you to call? You paid for your system already so Dell
got what they wanted out of the deal. It's business.

During my time living in Germany, I commented how the clerks in the Toom
Markt (sort of a Wal-Mart type place without the ego) never smiled or said
hello or thank you. My girlfriend at the time (a German) told me that why
should they? We were just there to get some food and they were just there
to sell it to us. Good point. I don't choose a grocery store based on how
nice they are to me, I choose one based on how close it is to where I live.
Hmmm... there is a comparison in there somewhere. ;-)

AND, screw them. I DID pay for my system, it was down, I had everything
I needed WITHOUT Dell's help but the info that was NOT easy to find on
the Dell site. Sorry that it took less time to re-install everything then
it did for Dell to NOT come to my aid. Maybe some people can live without
their game-playing, AOL IM email reading simple PCs. I had people who
needed this to do their job in hours. Dell let me down. I paid xtra for it.

Perhaps investing some money in classes on computers or better use of the
Internet will help you keep your business (guessing you have one) running?
Depending on someone else to keep your business going doesn't seem like a
good idea to me.

Again, the answer was a lot closer than you thought. But now you know!

**** them. I know my money means nothing to them, as I don't anyway,
I'm sure they can live without my $$. But think, is that how you handle
someone who has supported them very well in the past? **** 'em.

Probably not, but it's the world of making money.

It's often the same with them, but I didn't BUY their PCs, nor did I
pay THEM xtra for xtra service, just to have them fail me in a simple
matter..? Who cares what they do. And I payed for this service, so
telling me to go find it elsewhere is great if Dell refunds the xtra
$$$ I paid for XTRA service.? Welcome to paid for and not delivered.

Yep! You could complain, but who at Dell would really care?

My point being that unless it's a small town business, a few disgruntled
customers isn't really going to affect their bottom line. Every business
has to deal with people who feel they didn't get what they paid for.

So, if we get screwed, we just say oh well, woe is me? I don't think so.

I don't see you getting screwed. You called their technical support, had
to wait like most folks do only you had to wait longer because you must
have called at a peak time, got ****ed off and didn't hang around to get
the information you wanted, then went and got it somewhere else. How is
that Dell's fault? I know in the paperwork I got from Dell it says nothing
about them answering my questions in x amount of time. So, basically, you
still got what Dell promised you and you paid for, you were just too
impatient to wait for them to answer your question.

Should they drop everything and run to help those folks? Sure! Will they?
Probably not. It's business and in business you want to make money. It is
cheaper to leave a few folks ****ed off than spending a lot of money having
9,000,000 call takers sitting around on the off-chance that today there
might be 9,000,000 people calling for technical support all at the same
time because it happened ten years ago and lots of people complained about
how long they had to wait on the line then.

So..you are saying..chuckle..it's ok for Dell to have me pay xtra
for service and them not provide me with EASY service (I'm not talking
major tech support here) because it's more profitable for Dell to
rip me off then provide the service they charged me for? ???????

Define "easy"? How long does your service contract with Dell say you
should be waiting on the line? Is there not some type of message at the
start of you calling into Dell saying due to unusually large call
volume...?

Not on MY watch.. I'm an old fart, and worked for big biz
whose names, if dropped, crack the ground. NEVER would ANY
of them allow what you just said to happen. It's just wrong.

AND..EVEN if I didn't pay the xtra $$, it's still WELL WELL
within warranty, and that SHOULD allow a simple ? about where
the file is on THEIR site. One pays for "..award winning service.."

Which you got! Just not in a timely manner you felt appropriate!

Have fun and good luck! Might in the future if you decide to post an
anti-Dell add you place some type of tag in the subject line so we can
filter it out without missing any questions you might have. :-)

Don't like it, don't read it. Sorry if speaking the truth offends you..

No offending going on here. It's kind of enjoyable when someone wanders
into here yelling and screaming about how they got screwed and how Dell
sucks and how they're going to send out 20,000 pieces of spam because Dell
is making their life a living hell. :-)

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!
Old September 20th 04, 02:03 PM
Christopher Muto

probably true, but i was giving him a chance to try to redeem himself.
the irony is that with misdirected anger like followed by threats to never
buy from a particular vendor again is only a help to that vendor...

m...

"1234" wrote in message
[...]

.. .

Old September 20th 04, 04:10 PM
Nick

No, not a troll, a complaint. Not all complaints are trolls. I have
puchased Dell computers / servers for years. Their level of customer
service is slipping. Case in point. If this was his only computer,
the "wealth" of information on the internet would not be accessable
now would it? 3 hours, is rediculous, and I know I have spent similar
time on hold, and received similar disconnects. Assuming this really
happened to him, I would be just as angry.

"PC Medic" wrote in message news:12y3d.44785$Ka6.10636@okepread03...
TROLL

Old September 20th 04, 05:45 PM
David Casey

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:15:24 -0400, 1234 wrote in
:

I knew about it, even more, but what if the only PC
I had was this one not working..? Net doesn't help then.

Good point. I have four working PC's in my house and two sitting in the
garage which are just old. Plus, if all four of my computers suddenly
stopped working, there are the machines at school, my neighbors next door,
and a few friends who could help me out. :-)

I'll try to plan the next PC failure to fit Dells time frame..

Good idea! An even better idea, *especially* if you're running a business,
is to not rely on a single machine.

Just how much money does this "..award winning service.." cost that they
can have SALES PEOPLE online 24/7, yet not even a simple Tech source
IN THIS COUNTRY to help consumers..? Don't need 9mill, just enough
so not to wait THREE HOURS+ to even speak to a human.

How many is enough? How do you predict the call volume enough to say no
one will hold more than x minutes (or hours)?

Sending jobs to foreign countries like India is nothing new. It costs
businesses less to do that. If Americans didn't require so much more
salary then this wouldn't be happening. This being said, I plan on getting
as much money as I can once I'm done with my degree. :-)

So, instead of having a human spend 5 mins telling me where on the site
the file was, they have me wait over 3 hours, get upset, and it's MY
choice..? WHAT IF THE PERSON COULD NOT GET ONLINE ? Too bad for them ?

If they couldn't get online then I suppose they just have to use the phone.
I'm speaking of my own experiences where I have my Dell 8400, my home built
Linux box, and two Compaq laptops any of which I could use to get onto the
'net to solve my problem. Finally, if even my 'net connection is down I
guess I'd just have to use the phone. But I realize that it could be a
wait to get some help, so I might sit and watch TV while I was waiting for
someone to answer the line. If you don't have any patience then perhaps
you shouldn't be using a computer? ;-)

Well, DUH? The care didn't need to go into the shop, so since I pay
for this extra service, I should just forget about DELL holding up
their end of the bargain? Next time, I'll just have them send out
their flunky and fix it in house. That's FAR cheaper for Dell..

You seem to think that Dell support is only over the phone. You're paying
for much more than just being able to call and ask someone how to do a
Google search. ;-)

Google is your friend. Pass the word on.

I didn't pay Google for the xtra service deal, I paid Dell..

Too bad. Google is free.

Why should Dell spend extra money keeping technical support people sitting
around waiting for you to call? You paid for your system already so Dell
got what they wanted out of the deal. It's business.

AND I paid for more then the ave service, but what about others who have
it under warranty..?..like this one was..? So, as long as Dell gets
what THEY want, too bad for anyone else..? You're an idiot if you
think THAT is Business..GOOD business. It's fraud to take my xtra
$$$ for support then deal with me that way. IF I had a payment
plan, didn't send them $$$, they take action. But once they get
MY money, then too bad for me, regardless of contract?

It's not good business and I never said that. I'm just being realistic. I
don't expect every company I do business with to give a crap about me. I
realize that they're all in it to make money and probably aren't going to
spend a few extra bucks just because I feel waiting more than 15 minutes on
the phone isn't what I want.

You paid for Dell support and Dell support is what you get. Again, I saw
nothing in any contract that said Dell support had to answer their phone in
x amount of time. Perhaps in your contract this is there. If that is the
case, I fail to see why you're whining on Usenet instead of talking
directly to Dell.

Perhaps investing some money in classes on computers or better use of the
Internet will help you keep your business (guessing you have one) running?
Depending on someone else to keep your business going doesn't seem like a
good idea to me.

Lame comment, lamer insult, but I'll use small words for ya. Ready?

Not really, but I can tell you're getting mad. ;-)

I paid Dell xtra money when I bought computer(s) to avoid simple
problems. Dell didn't do that. I am well versed in PCs, knew
EXACTLY what I wanted, yet it was not easy to find using DELL's
service tag mojo, and ALL I NEEDED was that URL to find that ONE
file. Dell treated me, and you seem to agree it was OK, like ****.

Dell didn't treat you like anything. You got mad and hung up the phone
before they had a chance to help you.

IF I had not paid that, I'd expect at least some level of service
under the warranty that did not include waiting on hold for 3+hrs.

Face reality. When you call technical support you're probably going to be
on the phone for a while. If you accept this before dialing then your
experience will probably be much better. If you expect to get someone on
the line right away and then don't, you end up in here looking like a fool
posting such things as:

[begin cut and paste]

Listen, folks this just sucks. These assholes have had me
on hold now for 3 hours... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing Dell. I'm tired of it..

asswipes keep telling me how important my
call is to them. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED
with Dell?

[end cut and paste]

You weren't there, it started real nice, real calm, and with a simple
request, that was never given the chance to be answered, for 3+ hours..

AND it's my fault they can't back up their "..24/7.." service because the
PC died off-time..? Do all Dell consumers have to wait 3+ hours..?

The longest I was ever on the phone with Dell was probably around 30
minutes. If it had been an hour or two or even three I might have gotten a
little upset at waiting on the phone for so long, but I surely wouldn't
have jumped onto the Internet and made a post such as yours. All it does
it make you look foolish. But it does give the rest of us someone to poke
fun at a bit. ;-)

It IS Dell's fault, but you just can't, or refuse to, see it. Please
re-read the above, I'm not typing it out again. And, 3+ hours sucks for
"..Award-winning, 24/7.." service. IF Dell didn't shove all that down
the consumer's throat, you'd be right. They lie. You defend their actions..

Waiting for 3 hours on the phone does suck, but it doesn't violate any
contract you had with Dell that I know of.

Define "easy"?

DTS: Hi, this is Dell, now that I have your Tag info, how can I help?

Me: I need the STA pre-driver to re-install XP, and cannot find it @ Dell.com

DTS: Oh, let's see...here it is, go to this URL: Need anything else..?

Me: Great, thanks, that's all I needed.. Have a good day..

Works for me. How about this, I just went to http://support.dell.com,
clicked on Product Support/Downloads, entered my Service Tag and clicked
the arrow, selected Serial ATA in the Download Category box, selected
Microsoft Windows XP in the Operating System box, then clicked Submit at
the bottom. On the next window, I clicked on Intel Application Accelerator
RAID Edition which brought up a screen for the drivers.

Took me all of a minute or so but then I already knew where to find it.
But it is there and it's not really all that hard to find. Probably
quicker than dialing into Dell and having (in your world) my assigned
technical support person finally get a call from me. :-)

How long does your service contract with Dell say you
should be waiting on the line? Is there not some type of message at the
start of you calling into Dell saying due to unusually large call
volume...?

Who cares? Not my problem, not what I payed for, and IF their
PCs are having so much trouble, they can't handle the calls
in less then 3+ hours, maybe someone there should check into things..

I'd be willing to bet 90% of the problems aren't with the PC so much as the
user. Hit the Dell support forums sometime. Some of the questions asked
are just crazy. Like the person who wanted to know if they had a graphics
card in their computer. :-)

Which you got! Just not in a timely manner you felt appropriate!

NO, I DIDN'T get it from Dell. THAT'S THE POINT ! And in no way
is 3+ hours 'appropriate to wait, Maybe for you, but not me.

Ah, you're right! You hung up the phone before you got an answer. It's
still not Dell's fault because you are impatient.

Well, as I said, don't read it. But today, I had 2 friends who I suggested
buy Dell cancel their orders. My firm needs new laptops, and in Dec, a new
server. I sign those PO's. And it won't be Dell. They won't have to worry
about me, or the people I help buy PCs (7 this year so far, would of been 9)
anymore. See, I do make a difference. And it's only Monday.

I think a very small difference. Plus, if you're business is buying
machines from Dell you'd probably be getting different technical service
than the average home user. ;-)

I usually tell people I know to buy from whichever company is cheapest.
Getting a machine fixed is no big deal these days with all the folks
running around who know about computers. The only time I have dealt with
Dell over the phone was when my graphics card wasn't working. They sent a
new one, I sent the broken one back, and all is well.

Well, Dave, and the others, I'm done here. I do wonder how much 'help'
you would of been, seeing how much you can only defend Dell, claiming
that their "..business.." is OK to take my money and tell me to sod off.

Cool, did I out-troll the troll?

Dave
Taking a break from statistics homework.

Old September 20th 04, 07:28 PM
Irene

"1234" wrote in message

You should have asked here. I had to go through the same thing and could
have told you where to get the file to make a floppy.

Sorry, I paid xtra for Dell extended support, on many PCs,
and this was real new. I knew what I needed, just
wanted to get it. Took me 3 hrs and from another source.

This is not meant as criticism, but I would recommend reading all you can
these days, before buying anything like a new computer, new MP3 player, etc.
There is a wealth of information in groups like these and on the Internet in
general. Using this group as an example, you would have learned in advance
how badly Dell's Support has degraded and what kind of problems you were
going to encounter just contacting Dell Tech Support, let a lone, trying to
get the correct answer from them. And yes, very likely, you would have
gotten the solution to your problem in this group far easier than trying to
get it from Dell's Tech Support. Very sad, but also, very true.
The Dell Tech Support of today is a long ways from the Dell Tech Support of
two years ago and earlier.