Memorex CD RW High Speed Disks - LG Burners

Old December 16th 03, 10:01 PM

Default Memorex CD RW High Speed Disks - LG Burners

I know Memorex ISN'T a preferred brand, but I just received a 5 pack 700mg
12x RWs and neither one of my LG drives
8481B or8320B even sees it in the drive? I haven't done a firmware upgrade
on either drive (I'm a bit nervous about that)
but would be willing to try...unless of course, the disks are just basically
crap and not worth the bother?
I guess I'm just curious as to why neither drive would even see them?

Old December 16th 03, 10:17 PM
Dan G

The are most likely made by Prodisc, and one of the worst media ever made.
Toss them in the trash.

Old December 17th 03, 02:19 AM
Joe Hayes

I agree wholeheartedly. Memorex CD-RWs are the worst media I've ever used
in my life. Most couldn't even be erased after the first writing. Get a
full refund if possible.

Old December 18th 03, 03:16 AM
eAW

Oddly enough. All my cdrw drives (BenQ, Lite-on) do not like tdk brand. They
burn cd on Memorex perfectly.

Old December 18th 03, 05:16 AM

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:16:30 GMT, "eAW" wrote:

Oddly enough. All my cdrw drives (BenQ, Lite-on) do not like tdk brand. They
burn cd on Memorex perfectly.

Thats funny because I just bought a TDK spindle - says made by RITEK.

These work about as well as most of the disks Ive purchased - burns at
least 32x on svcds with no corruption.

The Memorex which is identifed as CMC was the first disk Ive used in
recent times that couldnt even burn at 32x and had to be lowered to
24x and a few even couldnt take 24x. They were labeled as 52x
vs. the 48x of the TDK.

This is with the older 52246s Liteon.

Maybe they arent as well tuned to the Memorex. Is it a new CMC
formulation? All the other cheapo disks Ive bought under a variety of
brands are all IDed as CMC too and rated at 48x or below and burned at
32x at least too.
Old December 18th 03, 08:27 AM

I'm be happy if they'd burn at 4x...but neither of the drives even SEES
them! All is says is 'The Drive Is empty'
I can't even run the Nero Infotool to see who actually made them. If anyone
can identify the manufacturer
Memorex 700 mg 12x 'High Speed'...I'd be interested to know.

I have some older Memorex / CMC 8 - 10 x that work just fine.

Old December 18th 03, 05:16 PM
Dave Cohen

I have used memorex high speed disks in Samsung sw-248f. they work ok with
one out of 5 failed to verify on a full write. I bought some ultra speed of
same make that can burn at 24x but results are not good, errors on 3 of the
box of 5. I get good results with 4x media left over from my old machine
(memorex and comp usa). On my old machine with a 4x4x teac I can burn and
verify anything I put in it. I see no choices other than memorex in cd-rw
above 4x in the local stores and will mostly use cd-r.
Dave Cohen

Old December 20th 03, 12:59 PM
Camper

" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you are talking about CDR's. Unfortunately the thread is about
Rewritables (CDRW).

Old December 21st 03, 09:14 AM

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:59:37 +1000, "Camper"
wrote:

Sounds like you are talking about CDR's. Unfortunately the thread is about
Rewritables (CDRW).

My mistake , I posted it in the wrong thread DUH.