DVD + Games

Old June 8th 07, 09:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris[_6_]

Default DVD + Games

Hey guys,

What I would quite like to do is play a game (like starcraft, something
that changes resolution) on my primary screen while watching a DVD on
the other. I have a 7800GS. With some games it is possible (like
TitanQuest) or games that can be run in windowed mode.
Is the a way to make it work for any game (or other fullscreen
applications)? I am using UltraMon btw.
If it is not possible with the graphics card is there another hardware
configuration that makes it possible? I dont want to put another PC up
just so my gf can watch films while I play.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

Chris
Old June 8th 07, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Chris:

What I would quite like to do is play a game (like starcraft, something
that changes resolution) on my primary screen while watching a DVD on
the other. I have a 7800GS. With some games it is possible (like
TitanQuest) or games that can be run in windowed mode.
Is the a way to make it work for any game (or other fullscreen
applications)?

Sure, just configure your DVD player program to use the secondary screen
while games automatically use the primary display.

If it is not possible with the graphics card is there another hardware
configuration that makes it possible? I dont want to put another PC up
just so my gf can watch films while I play.

With standalone DVD players sold for a few bucks today I doubt that
putting up another PC (or changing your current hardware setup) makes
much sense.

Benjamin
Old June 8th 07, 10:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris[_6_]

Thanks for your reply.

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

Sure, just configure your DVD player program to use the secondary screen
while games automatically use the primary display.

I have done that, but usually when the games change the screen
resolution, the secondary screen's resolution changes as well. For some
games though, even when the main screens resolution changes, the
secondary doesnt, so I guess it might be a DirectX thing.

With standalone DVD players sold for a few bucks today I doubt that
putting up another PC (or changing your current hardware setup) makes
much sense.

New TV (since I dont own one) would be more expensive than going down
the cellar and reassembling a 800mhz machine, but its noisy and warm and
power-consuming.

Chris

GAMES ON PC michael lynch UK Computer Vendors 5 June 4th 05 04:27 PM
Console games and PC games Griffin McKorn Ati Videocards 8 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
64-bit games :^) Todd Swierk AMD x86-64 Processors 0 September 22nd 04 01:50 PM
games mankymonkey Webcams 0 December 17th 03 12:30 PM
What more can I do for games? Amethyst General 10 July 6th 03 03:16 AM