Skybuck's A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios Chip Identified !

Old June 5th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Default Skybuck's A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios Chip Identified !

Hello,

My Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard came with a white sticker on it
(beware yellow stickers might have a different bios chip ?!)

I tried to figure out the exact chip, however no documentation seems
to be available on the internet and nobody seems to be able to
identify it.

So I decided to remove the sticker and take a picture of it.

The chip is identified as:

Winbond
W39V080APZ
442698600972
450LDFA

A 32 pin PLCC (bios) chip.

Surprise, surpise a Winbond chip. Me not to found of winbond, since my
winbond network cards also gave me headaches if I remember
correctly

My website has been updated with a new picture and some info:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...tion3june2007/

Couple of serious questions:

1. Where can these chips be bought ?

2. Do I need this exact winbond chip or can it be replaced with a SST
chip ?
(I have seen almost the same asus board with a SST chip ?! the asus
board model name was the same though components slighty different like
no sleaves on parallel port, probably minor differences. )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 5th 07, 08:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
~PCfreak©~

Op Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:53:58 -0700, schreef Skybuck
het volgende.

Hello,

Bye,
Skybuck.

groetjes Henk
--
Maak je USB-stick bootable, zie mijn site hoe.
[haal "DIT WEG" weg]
Old June 5th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lewis

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:53:58 -0700, Skybuck
wrote:

[...]

Got a handy eeprom-burner and the bios image? Your original chip had
BIOS 0903 already loaded. Of course you do know that the BIOS is bad
don't you? Did you try the ALT-F2 trick (or CTRL-F2) to fire up the
floppy boot-loader for a BIOS image before dissecting your unfortunate
motherboard ?

Fathers, lock up your motherboards if Flybucks Skying is anywhere
around.

Meanwhile my A8N32-SLI continues to run like a champ. (BIOS 1303, July
2006)

BTW, you do know that the golden rule of BIOS updates is... NEVER!!.
With the SOLE exception of updating to overcome a problem ACTUALLY
EXPERIENCED BY THE USER AND ACTUALLY LISTED in the BIOS update
notes AS BEING CORRECTED by that BIOS update.

Why don't you bring the whole system back to whover sold it to you
originally. For the price you paid, they owe you platinum-plated
repair service. Iirc, the A8N32-SLI motherboard is warrantied for 3
years from Asus... if you have not ripped it apart of course....

John Lewis
Old June 5th 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Finally some decent information (get it while you can ! ):

http://www.winbond.com/hq/enu/Produc...h/W39V080A.htm

http://www.winbond.com/NR/rdonlyres/...0/W39V080A.pdf

(Bios chip only but for now will do =D )

Groetjes aan iedereen...

Bye,
Skybuck

Old June 6th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Doe

Skybuck skybuck2000 hotmail.com wrote:

Hello,

You really need to stop cross-posting your every activity, troll.

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck skybuck2000 hotmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.de sign,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:53:58 -0700

Old June 6th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JackShephard[_2_]

wrote:

Couple of serious questions:

1. Where can these chips be bought ?

Idiot. It would be cheaper to send the MOBO back to ASUS, and let them
fix your ****up.

YOU are too ****ing stupid to fix that MOBO from that level of service.

STOP adding groups to your utter stupidity, you ****ing Usenet retard.