More tha account

Old October 22nd 10, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
developersi5

Default More tha account

I'm trying to use thunderbird 3.1.5 for newsreader-
I use 3 different accounts in same server but with TB come out this alert
:"An account with that user name and server name already exists. Please,
enter a different user name and/or servert name."

I use News.Individual.NET for News Server (NNTP).

But in a group I use my real name; in another group a nickname, and in
others NG others account.

I hope in your help.

TIA
Max

Old October 22nd 10, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Beryl[_3_]

developersi5 wrote:
I'm trying to use thunderbird 3.1.5 for newsreader-
I use 3 different accounts in same server but with TB come out this alert
:"An account with that user name and server name already exists. Please,
enter a different user name and/or servert name."

I use News.Individual.NET for News Server (NNTP).

But in a group I use my real name; in another group a nickname, and in
others NG others account.

I hope in your help.

TIA
Max

Only two solutions I can think of, and both are cumbersome.

- Repeatedly change your name back and forth in Account Settings.

- Use a different profile for each name.
http://support.mozillamessaging.com/...tiple+Profiles

Did I type that right? That's the group you want. This group is for
something else.
Old October 25th 10, 07:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
developersi5

"Beryl" wrote in message
net...
developersi5 wrote:
I'm trying to use thunderbird 3.1.5 for newsreader-
I use 3 different accounts in same server but with TB come out this alert
:"An account with that user name and server name already exists. Please,
enter a different user name and/or servert name."

I use News.Individual.NET for News Server (NNTP).

But in a group I use my real name; in another group a nickname, and in
others NG others account.

I hope in your help.

TIA
Max

Only two solutions I can think of, and both are cumbersome.

- Repeatedly change your name back and forth in Account Settings.

- Use a different profile for each name.
http://support.mozillamessaging.com/...tiple+Profiles

Did I type that right? That's the group you want. This group is for
something else.

Thank you, but i think is not the best for me. I have a lot of account and
it looks not easy as solution.

I leave TD and I will choose another nwsreader.

Thanks.
Max