Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card

Old November 3rd 04, 09:24 PM
Andy Kuo

Default Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card

Hello,

Has anyone had experience with using a PCI video card on a S2882?
I've installed a video card in my S2882 and disabled the onboard video
(via jumper), but nothing comes out on the monitor when I boot up. Here
is a summary of the problem:

1. I disable the onboard video through the motherboard jumper.
2. Then I plug the video card into PCI slot #5 (the one at the bottom of
the motherboard) and connect the monitor.
3. When I power on the system, nothing shows up on the monitor (I've
made sure that it is connected to the PCI video card).
4. I've also tried disabling the onboard video through the BIOS menu,
but it does not work either - it successfully disables the onboard video
(nothing comes out of the onboard VGA port), but the PCI video card
doesn't display anything either. I had to clear the CMOS to re-enable
the onboard video output.

Here are the system's specs:

Motherboard: Tyan K8S Pro S2882
BIOS revision: v2.03
Operating system: Red Hat Linux 7.3
PCI video card: PowerColor R92P-LC3 (chipset: ATI Radeon 9250)

I've tested this video card in another computer, and it works - so I'm
sure that the video card is not broken. I would greatly appreciate it
if anyone could help me out with this problem.

Thanks,

Andy

Old November 5th 04, 04:10 AM
WebWalker

Try to move the card to another slot OR swap with another PCI card.

--
WebWalker

Replacing PCI Video Card with AGP card Retreatgal General 9 May 7th 04 01:55 PM
How to buy a video card? Maciek General 3 May 5th 04 07:37 AM
Video Card Help SteveC General 1 October 20th 03 07:08 AM
Where to get replacement video card fan? Or maybe just use a heatsink? Vanguard General 3 September 20th 03 07:24 PM
Video card memory too low BuDMaN General 4 September 12th 03 01:27 AM