Boot query

Old April 16th 04, 06:24 PM
jimrx4

Default Boot query

I have a D865PERL motherboard to which I just applied a BIOS update. I had
my computer set to boot with quiet boot "disabled." My computer wouldn't
boot to WinXP Pro - it just hanged. I then changed the "quiet boot" to
enable so I have to look at the Intel splash screen and it will now boot to
XP with no problem. Why? Would this be done on purpose by Intel! Awfully
chintzy if you as me.

Old April 16th 04, 07:04 PM
Ghostrider

jimrx4 wrote:
I have a D865PERL motherboard to which I just applied a BIOS update. I had
my computer set to boot with quiet boot "disabled." My computer wouldn't
boot to WinXP Pro - it just hanged. I then changed the "quiet boot" to
enable so I have to look at the Intel splash screen and it will now boot to
XP with no problem. Why? Would this be done on purpose by Intel! Awfully
chintzy if you as me.

The issue is more likely a timing one involving getting the HD
started and rotating at its working speed. Using "quiet" boot
eliminates several of the more time-consuming checks, such as
the memory RAM check, and system tests. Look for a bios setting
that delays the boot startup interval to give the HD more time
to be detected and boot-strapped.

Old May 15th 04, 09:25 AM
EF

Had the same problem, contacted intel
and was told there is a problem with the p15 bios update