Windows XP SP2 problem with JetDirect IP

Old February 23rd 05, 03:20 PM
bs223

Default Windows XP SP2 problem with JetDirect IP

I have a small network that I have connected a new Windows XP Pro SP2
computer to. I am unable to print via IP to my LaserJet printer from my
new Windows XP SP2 computer. I am able to ping it, telnet to it, and
open it in the web browser, but it won't print from XP. I am able to
print to LPT1 and network shares, but not to the IP address. Other
Windows 2000 computers are able to print to the IP address without
problems. I also tried turning off the XP firewall, but it did not
help.

Any ideas?