12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

Old December 29th 16, 04:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

Default 12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray (page #8's #4 as
shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8
) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when there
are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes all at
once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams (stuck), slow
printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for me to physically
fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Thank you in advance.
--
"I've been on some fairways that are as good as the greens we putted on
back then. We had crab grass. I remember one green where I putted
Old December 29th 16, 06:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
android

In article ,
Ant wrote:

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray (page #8's #4 as
shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8
) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when there
are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes all at
once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams (stuck), slow
printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for me to physically
fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Yes.

Ohh... You wanted some suggestions? Oki... Refill the tray before it
gets empty! ;-))
--
teleportation kills
Old December 29th 16, 07:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

Hmm, rollers didn't look bad as shown in my iPhone 4S' photo(graphs):
http://imgur.com/a/3eOXw ... I cleaned them anyways as shown in
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...913376#M594317
.... Are they supposed to be hard to turn? I will print again later when
dried and needed.

#8's #4 as shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8
) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when
there are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes
all at once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams
(stuck), slow printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for
me to physically fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do
to improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though
it mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Thank you in advance.

--
"The fact that we can't easily foresee clues that would betray an
intelligence a million millennia farther down the road suggests that
Old December 31st 16, 02:54 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:27:54 -0800, Ant wrote:

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray ........

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Dunno about that model, but the Laserjet 5L/6L series used to develop
that habit.(*) The cure was to replace the paper separation pads.
I'm sure all printers require some similar hardware to pick just one
sheet, so I'd suggest exploring that.

(*) They even provided free kits to DIY owners who hassled them about
the issue. I still have several kits somewhere.
Old December 31st 16, 10:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant

In alt.comp.periphs.printers pedro wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:27:54 -0800, Ant wrote:

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input main tray ........

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do to
improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though it
mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Dunno about that model, but the Laserjet 5L/6L series used to develop
that habit.(*) The cure was to replace the paper separation pads.
I'm sure all printers require some similar hardware to pick just one
sheet, so I'd suggest exploring that.

Interesting. Hmm,
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...00-Series.html
user manual doesn't mention a separator pad.
http://www.partshere.com/hppartslist...sp?part=Q3388A mentions
separator pads as parts, but I don't see which ones they are. I can't
seem to find any pictures to match mine. I haven't tried printing yet
after cleaning (only took the big external parts out, but not inside --
used my fingers, wet paper towels, and q-tips) as shown in my
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/co...es_to/dbrawb8/
comment.

Also, its rollers didn't look bad as shown in my iPhone 4S'
photo(graphs): http://imgur.com/a/3eOXw ... I cleaned them anyways as
shown in
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...913376#M594317
.... Are they supposed to be hard to turn? I will print again later when
dried and needed.
--
Quote of the Week: "I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
| |o o| |
Old January 2nd 17, 03:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

So, I used the printer tonight with low number of papers tonight. During
the printing, it took two papers this time and then one on the next
time. It seems improved, but not fully fixed.

Old January 3rd 17, 02:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 03:57:47 -0600, (Ant) wrote:

In alt.comp.periphs.printers pedro wrote:

Dunno about that model, but the Laserjet 5L/6L series used to develop
that habit.(*) The cure was to replace the paper separation pads.
I'm sure all printers require some similar hardware to pick just one
sheet, so I'd suggest exploring that.

Interesting. Hmm,
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...00-Series.html
user manual doesn't mention a separator pad.
http://www.partshere.com/hppartslist...sp?part=Q3388A mentions
separator pads as parts, but I don't see which ones they are. I can't
seem to find any pictures to match mine. I haven't tried printing yet
after cleaning (only took the big external parts out, but not inside --
used my fingers, wet paper towels, and q-tips) as shown in my
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/co...es_to/dbrawb8/
comment.

Have a look at www.fixyourownprinter.com to see if he lists kits for
your machine.
Old January 4th 17, 05:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant

[...]

I did not see any.
--
Quote of the Week: "The ants are my friends, they're blowin' in the
wind. The ant, sir, is blowin' in the wind." --the misheard lyrics to
Old January 5th 17, 07:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

I just printed nine pages after flaring papers, but that didn't seem to
help since it took two extra pages.

#8's #4 as shown in
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72...es.html?page=8

) during printing once in a while. It seems to only happens when
there are low numbers of papers (e.g., about five) before it takes
all at once. It's quite annoying that it can cause paper jams
(stuck), slow printings, wasted resources, and messed up results for
me to physically fix and reprint.

I know its warranty expired on 7/31/2011. Is there anything I can do
to improve/fix it? Do I really need to buy a new printer even though
it mostly still works? I am also not a heavy printer user.

Thank you in advance.

--
"If a mosquito has a soul, it is mostly evil. So I don't have too many
qualms about putting a mosquito out of its misery. I'm a little more