Cheap Canon printers and self-sticking labels

Old November 24th 14, 04:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Harper[_2_]

Default Cheap Canon printers and self-sticking labels

It is time to replace my 5-year-old canon printer (MP-240 - $60). One of its
primary duties is printing self-sticking mailing labels (2 to a sheet). This
printer feeds from the back and the printed sheets come out the front.
Printing peel-off labels has never caused a problem.

Looking at new (under $100) Canon printers I see that most of them now feed
from the front with the printed output coming out the front. There must be a
tight bend in there somewhere! How well do self-sticking , peal-off labels
work in such printers?

- David Harper

Old November 24th 14, 06:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

On 11/24/2014 11:07 AM, David Harper wrote:
It is time to replace my 5-year-old canon printer (MP-240 - $60). One of
its primary duties is printing self-sticking mailing labels (2 to a
sheet). This printer feeds from the back and the printed sheets come out
the front. Printing peel-off labels has never caused a problem.

Looking at new (under $100) Canon printers I see that most of them now
feed from the front with the printed output coming out the front. There
must be a tight bend in there somewhere! How well do self-sticking ,
peal-off labels work in such printers?

- David Harper

I don't have a Canon printer but I do have an HP 932 that has the same
mechanical set up with the paper going in the front and the printed age
coming out the front. The roller in the HP is about the same size as
the roller in a standard typewriter. I have printed 1X3 labels 20 per
page and had no problem with them coming off.