HP1525nw fleeting in Mavericks

Old June 4th 14, 07:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson

Default HP1525nw fleeting in Mavericks

I have been using an HP 1525nw successfully in OSX for some time now.

When I tried to print this morning, suddenly, the OS cant see the printer. It is in the list (with a low toner warning) but all attempts to print to it result in a continuous search which never ends.

It may be relevant that I just upgraded to 10.9.3?

When I go to ADD PRINTER and let the OS search around, it finds my USB MX860 (and it's network version) immediately. But it doesn't seem to see the 1525?? If I leave it on for 5 minutes searching, and go off the WiFI router which is connected to the 1525, fleetingly, the OS Picks up the 1525 printer (and calls it a Bonjour printer, whatever that is) and then loses it within 2-10 seconds. If I leave the router connected, then after a few minutes, fleetingly, the OS Picks up the printer again, and then drops it almost immediately.

Meanwhile I can tell that the OS is scanning to see if there are any new printers on the computer because my MX860 (as well as the Network version) continue to refresh every 5 minutes. But when they do this, the 1525 doesn't re-appear.

(There are no error messages on the printer's display)

Does anyone recognise these symptoms please?
Old June 4th 14, 08:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson

Not sure if this was the actual problem but I managed to get rid of the symptoms by downloading 122 meg of new drivers for Mavericks from the HP site.

if the printer worked in 10.9.2, I cant see what difference 10.9.3 would have made and also, when this problem does occur, APple tends to send out its own updates (and they may not be 122 megabytes!)
Old October 15th 14, 02:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson

I have re-posted a different version of this problem in the hope that someone may have some ideas OR is HP software just not as good as Canon software?