Brother printer report

Old September 13th 13, 02:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Laurence

Default Brother printer report

I'm considering buying a HL 3150 cdn.
I.'d be interested to hear comments
regarding print quality & running costs.
Laurence

Old September 13th 13, 06:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
KenK

"Laurence" wrote in news:b9gi31F7tdhU1
@mid.individual.net:

I'm considering buying a HL 3150 cdn.
I.'d be interested to hear comments
regarding print quality & running costs.
Laurence

Not quite what you wanted but just a comment.

Have had a Brother HL-2240 mono laser for a short time. I like it. I'm
interested in seeing how long the toner lasts.

Old September 13th 13, 07:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mike S.

:

I'm considering buying a HL 3150 cdn.
I.'d be interested to hear comments
regarding print quality & running costs.
Laurence

Not quite what you wanted but just a comment.

Have had a Brother HL-2240 mono laser for a short time. I like it. I'm
interested in seeing how long the toner lasts.

Several years ago, Staples was blowing out HL-2040's for $59. I placed
three of them on the desks of various family members that were looking for
printers. After 2 years, only one was still working. The other two had
consistent paper path jams after feeding the first page. Troubleshooting
on various fix-your-printer sites gave various fixes (like removing sticky
felt from solenoid actuator, etc) but nothing worked. Replaced them with
low end HP units that are still problem free.

Old September 13th 13, 08:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
generic name

On 2013-09-13, Mike S. wrote:

In article ,
KenK wrote:
"Laurence" wrote in news:b9gi31F7tdhU1
:

I'm considering buying a HL 3150 cdn.
I.'d be interested to hear comments
regarding print quality & running costs.
Laurence

Not quite what you wanted but just a comment.

Have had a Brother HL-2240 mono laser for a short time. I like it. I'm
interested in seeing how long the toner lasts.

Several years ago, Staples was blowing out HL-2040's for $59. I placed
three of them on the desks of various family members that were looking for
printers. After 2 years, only one was still working. The other two had
consistent paper path jams after feeding the first page. Troubleshooting
on various fix-your-printer sites gave various fixes (like removing sticky
felt from solenoid actuator, etc) but nothing worked. Replaced them with
low end HP units that are still problem free.

Have had my HL-5250 DN since 2006 when they came out; still working
fine; had to use the m$ "generic 5250 series" drivers now because win7
sends some crap codes with one of its updates; used to work fine with
postscript setting without spewing blank pages.

Believe that paper jams are due to the/some "20#" paper & never had
jams with the overkill laser 24#; will be trying the 22# when current
papers are used up. Also with the 20# type, it could be over heating
claiming a paper jam; found that just opening & closing the back door
solves the non-existent jams; did take a while to notice that....

Brother HL-6050d, negative report. [email protected] Printers 0 June 2nd 07 10:45 PM
brother printer donker Printers 1 December 22nd 06 01:25 AM
same printer model with different report fit jcpub Printers 1 November 10th 06 09:12 AM
Brother MFC 210 printer? Brian Printers 0 November 10th 04 09:59 AM
Brother HL-645 printer in XP-Pro Bob Davis Printers 0 December 26th 03 04:38 AM