WF-2540 printer cartridges; (tiny!): Refill? Reset?

Old August 13th 13, 11:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
angelo Campanella

Default WF-2540 printer cartridges; (tiny!): Refill? Reset?

I bought a new Epson because I was tired of the drill that HP puts us though
to get more cartridge life. I thought Epsom was maintaining refillable
tanks. Not until I started operating the WF-2540 did I realize that the
M.O. was just like HP. So the reputation of Epson in now stained in this
regard.

As best as I can tell, EPSON is doing the same thong as HP; sudden cartridge
death by execution of any ostensibly exhausted cartridge. I lived with these
miserably expensive experiences with HP both in time and in money; not a
pleasant experience. I saw a few ways here and there to get extended life.
One comment said that "HP is better"! Shhhheeeesh!

Comments welcome for my up-coming journey back-to-the-future printing
world.

Old August 14th 13, 12:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

In article ,
Angelo Campanella wrote:
I bought a new Epson because I was tired of the drill that HP puts us
though to get more cartridge life. I thought Epsom was maintaining
refillable tanks. Not until I started operating the WF-2540 did I
realize that the M.O. was just like HP. So the reputation of Epson in
now stained in this

This might be of interest but you'll obviously need to look for a local
supplier. The WF2540 is listed as a supported printer.

http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss...epson-printers

--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail
Old August 14th 13, 04:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

"Stuart" wrote in message
In article ,
Angelo Campanella wrote:
I bought a new Epson because I was tired of the drill that HP puts us
though to get more cartridge life. I thought Epsom was maintaining
refillable tanks. Not until I started operating the WF-2540 did I
realize that the M.O. was just like HP. So the reputation of Epson in
now stained in this

This might be of interest but you'll obviously need to look for a local
supplier. The WF2540 is listed as a supported printer.

http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss...epson-printers

You might try www.inksupply.com if you're in the U.S.

They have refillable cartridges with ARC type chips that will allow you to
refill. Their ink isn't bad either.
I've dealt with them for over 10 years making dozens of ink and cartridge
purchases from them when I was supporting more than 80 Epson inkjets at my
school in Philadelphia.

The kit below, they say, will support your WF-2540. They also have other
inks cartridges and maybe tools for that printer.

http://www.inksupply.com/product-det...F-T200XL-4-KIT

--
Jan Alter

Old August 26th 13, 08:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
angelo Campanella

"Jan Alter" wrote in message
Angelo Campanella wrote:
I bought a new Epson because I was tired of the drill that HP puts us
though to get more cartridge life. I thought Epsom was maintaining
refillable tanks. Not until I started operating the WF-2540 did I
realize that the M.O. was just like HP. So the reputation of Epson in
now stained in this

This might be of interest but you'll obviously need to look for a local
supplier. The WF2540 is listed as a supported printer.

http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss...epson-printers

You might try www.inksupply.com if you're in the U.S.

They have refillable cartridges with ARC type chips that will allow you to
refill. Their ink isn't bad either.

Dear Jan:

OK. I ordered an ink refill kit from inksupply.com to carry on--
thanks.

Now, addressing the group (after years of frustration with an HP-6122
with that stonewalling printer refusing to carry on with a low cartridge,
and refusing to run with once stalled and refilled cartridges. Much
heartbreaking frustration, inky fingers and late night fatigue):

1- I now comment that (as predicted) the black-level-remaining is falling
rapidly. After a few days that black cartridge reports only about 25%
remaining. I print 4 to 5 pages intermittently on intermittent days, so I
might have printed a total of about 20-30 odd pages so far; a far cry from
the 200-odd sheets claimed per cartridge .

2- I perceive a lot of opportunistic whirring and zipping noises throughout
the say while it is ON but idle, especially right AFTER I have printed a
page. Perhaps that spontaneous head cleaning-preening; likely is
unnecessary?.

3- So now I have taken to switching OFF this WF-2540 as soon as I have
finished printing a needed document, on the theory that this will avoid some
of that preening.

4- I need to know: Can I refill this black cartridge (original small came
with the new printer)? Is the vent (front upper corner) the input aperture?
I have some good ink from HP refills and a fine hypodermic syringe.

5- How long would it run before the PC board must be addressed for reset.
How do I do a reset?

I know; I'm fussy. A leopard cannot change its spots... neither can I.

Any Comment will be welcome.

Cheers,

Ange