roller cleanup IP4000

Old July 28th 13, 01:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
lol

Default roller cleanup IP4000

Just dismantled my Pixma IP4000 because no matter what I did the rollers got
inky - waste ink pads full.
Washed out the ink pads and base of the printer in the kitchen sink -
they'll be fine - but can't see how I am going to clean all the muck on and
around the rollers. (without a hose!)
Suggestions please
Thanks!

Old July 28th 13, 01:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "lol"

Just dismantled my Pixma IP4000 because no matter what I did the rollers
got inky - waste ink pads full.
Washed out the ink pads and base of the printer in the kitchen sink -
they'll be fine - but can't see how I am going to clean all the muck on
and around the rollers. (without a hose!)
Suggestions please
Thanks!

You may want to try using isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old July 28th 13, 01:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
lol

From: "lol"

Just dismantled my Pixma IP4000 because no matter what I did the rollers
got inky - waste ink pads full.
Washed out the ink pads and base of the printer in the kitchen sink -
they'll be fine - but can't see how I am going to clean all the muck on
and around the rollers. (without a hose!)
Suggestions please
Thanks!

You may want to try using isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Thanks. But... digging over an allotment with a knife and fork come to
mind - I really need to use a pressure washer.
Do those rollers come off?