NSA and Intel

Old July 14th 13, 04:03 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Anonymous

Default NSA and Intel

Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several), when you could backdoor the architecture?
I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes to NSA's server.

Old July 15th 13, 05:10 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy

Anonymous wrote:

Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),
when you could backdoor the architecture?

I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions
which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes
to NSA's server.

You don't think that there have been enough people running enough
network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years
that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?
Old August 15th 13, 06:03 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 15/07/2013 12:10 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),
when you could backdoor the architecture?

I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions
which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes
to NSA's server.

You don't think that there have been enough people running enough
network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years
that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

Most likely this wouldn't be sent over the Net, but directly accessed
through an impounded laptop inside an NSA or CIA lab somewhere.

Yousuf Khan
Old September 16th 13, 01:28 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
[email protected]

Anonymous wrote:

Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),

when you could backdoor the architecture?

I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions

which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes

to NSA's server.

You don't think that there have been enough people running enough

network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years

that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

Most likely this wouldn't be sent over the Net, but directly accessed

through an impounded laptop inside an NSA or CIA lab somewhere.

Yousuf Khan

Yup, they'd magically get access to your computer through a magical invisible pipe in their lab. Don't tell anyone though.
Old March 1st 14, 12:02 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Jim[_41_]

Straight from the CEO's mouth.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ask_me/cfltop4
"First, let me be clear that Intel doesn't participate in the NSA programs
described in recent news reports. Intel does not participate in anyone's
efforts to decrease security in technology. We don't provide methods for
unauthorized access to our products..we don't create back doors.
On the question of BSD... BSD did not drop our RDRAND. FreeBSD will
continue using RDRAND to feed the OS entropy pool, feeding its output into
another PRNG in the process. Privacy is really important, it is important to
me and it's important to Intel. we've always been clear about our policies
in this area..and we understand the concern on the part of individuals and
governments and companies. We invest in training, network security,
information security, code reviews and testing to minimize the risk of our
product behaving in an unexpected way. Given the environment there has been
a lot of speculation and misinformation about our products and I want folks
to know we constantly work to improve the security of our products. That is
a never ending process for us.

and you can tell this is really me.... from all of the ellipses :-)"