Q6600 stepping

Old June 12th 09, 07:51 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
pacca[_3_]

Default Q6600 stepping

What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go stepping,I'm
confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and cpu-z shows GO
stepping.I know Go overclocks better.Thanks

Old June 13th 09, 02:01 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
cjt

pacca wrote:
What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go
stepping,I'm confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and
cpu-z shows GO stepping.I know Go overclocks better.Thanks

Overclocking can put your data at risk. I advise against it.

Old July 10th 09, 08:40 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
randyddr

On Jun 12, 11:51*am, "pacca" wrote:
What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go stepping,I'm
confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and cpu-z shows GO
stepping.I know Go *overclocks better.Thanks

** Maybe this Intel link will help : http://ark.intel.com/Search.aspx?q=Q6600
If the link doesnt come through try the main page and enter Q6600 --
http: // ark. intel. com
Old July 23rd 09, 04:39 AM
pqrs214 pqrs214 is offline
Banned

Default Man, Wife - Video Games or Sex

What do you do when your partner is obsessed with video games like World of Warcraft and ignores sex?
Old July 23rd 09, 02:07 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Tom Lake

"pqrs214" wrote in message
news

What do you do when your partner is obsessed with video games like
'World of Warcraft' (http://www.mygamevip.com) and ignores sex?

Some options:

1. Get a hobby

2. Have an affair

3. Join WoW, build up a character without your partner knowing about it,
then when your character's powerful enough, go fight your partner's
character and whip his /her ass.

4. Hire a hit man (do NOT go to a bar for this - undercover cops always
hang out there waiting for someone to try to hire a hit man!) to have
your partner eliminated (this is tongue-in-cheek, folks!)

Tom Lake

Old August 4th 09, 11:15 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Bill Davidsen

randyddr wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:51 am, "pacca" wrote:
What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go stepping,I'm
confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and cpu-z shows GO
stepping.I know Go overclocks better.Thanks

** Maybe this Intel link will help : http://ark.intel.com/Search.aspx?q=Q6600
If the link doesnt come through try the main page and enter Q6600 --
http: // ark. intel. com

Okay, after ten minutes of searching, what does Intel mean by 'embedded" in
these specs. As used in my mis-spent youth it meant the chip could be soldered
into a board, but both Q6600 and Q6600S are socketed.
Old August 5th 09, 10:12 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Trent[_4_]

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:15:54 -0400 Bill Davidsen wrote
in Message id: :

randyddr wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:51 am, "pacca" wrote:
What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go stepping,I'm
confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and cpu-z shows GO
stepping.I know Go overclocks better.Thanks

** Maybe this Intel link will help : http://ark.intel.com/Search.aspx?q=Q6600
If the link doesnt come through try the main page and enter Q6600 --
http: // ark. intel. com

Okay, after ten minutes of searching, what does Intel mean by 'embedded" in
these specs. As used in my mis-spent youth it meant the chip could be soldered
into a board, but both Q6600 and Q6600S are socketed.

Embedded means the chips is on the Intel embedded roadmap. The chip will
be available for 7 years from the date of introduction.
Old August 5th 09, 02:15 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Bill Davidsen

randyddr wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:51 am, "pacca" wrote:
What is the difference between Q6600 B6 stepping and Q6600 Go stepping,I'm
confused Intel processor ID utility shows B6 stepping and cpu-z shows GO
stepping.I know Go overclocks better.Thanks
** Maybe this Intel link will help : http://ark.intel.com/Search.aspx?q=Q6600
If the link doesnt come through try the main page and enter Q6600 --
http: // ark. intel. com

Okay, after ten minutes of searching, what does Intel mean by 'embedded" in
these specs. As used in my mis-spent youth it meant the chip could be soldered
into a board, but both Q6600 and Q6600S are socketed.

Embedded means the chips is on the Intel embedded roadmap. The chip will
be available for 7 years from the date of introduction.

Thanks, good to know I guess, if you plan a product using a given CPU. This fall
when the 35nm line comes out I'll probably build an i7 machine as the 45nm
prices fall, probably based on the 920. With 12GB RAM that should be a good
platform for VM hosting.