Exabyte AME tape recognition holes

Old March 23rd 09, 07:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.scsi,comp.arch.storage
msg

Default Exabyte AME tape recognition holes

Greetings,

I don't have any Exabyte AME tapes so I can't see for myself. Would someone
please post a description of the recognition holes and write protect state holes
on the underside of the cartridge (I can't find a description on the 'Net either).

Please orient the tape with the retractable hood facing you and the drive spool
gear teeth and recognition holes facing up. Please describe the cluster of holes
on the upper left (the top two holes matter most). Please also describe the
upper two holes on the upper right with the tab in the open position and in the
closed position and also which position is labeled as 'save' or 'protect'

Thanks much,

Michael
Old March 26th 09, 04:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.scsi,comp.arch.storage
msg

msg wrote:

Greetings,

I don't have any Exabyte AME tapes so I can't see for myself. Would
someone please post a description of the recognition holes and write
protect state holes on the underside of the cartridge...

snip

Found the ECMA specs for 8mm tapes at
(http://ecma-international.org/public.../files/ECMA-ST)

Summarizing the recognition hole pattern descriptions for non-AIT tapes:
| 5 4 |
| O O |
|O O O O|
-------//-------
wp 1 2 3

Hole Number: 1 2 3 4 5
----------------------------------
13um thick: c c c c c | Ecma-145
10um thick: c o c c c | standard and dual azimuth media, Ecma-169
HH-1 : c o o c o Ecma-247
DA-2 : o o o c c evaporated metal (Mammoth 1), Ecma-249
MammothTape-2 : o c o c c evaporated metal (Mammoth 2), Ecma-293
8mm Cleaning : c c c c c from observation

Can someone provide me with a description of the hole pattern for an AME
(Mammoth 1) cleaning tape?

Thanks,

Michael