Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

Old December 9th 08, 01:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Albert

Default Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

Old December 9th 08, 01:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JR Weiss[_2_]

"Albert" wrote...
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

Probably not unless they are TV tuner cards. Regular video cards have nothing
to do with audio...

Old December 9th 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

"Albert" wrote in message
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

I haven't seen any, and I'd be somewhat surprised if that puppy exists, as
you would be asking a video card to function as two video cards (kind of
common) plus two audio cards.

From what I've read, the video cards that support HDMI act as a sound card,
disabling any other sound card that happens to be on the system. That's
great for one HDMI output, but where do you get sound for the other HDMI
output?

If you can figure out a one-cable solution to TV (with video and sound) and
a one-cable solution to monitor (with video and sound) using just ONE video
card to drive the whole setup, I'd be interested in hearing how you managed
that.

For that matter, I'm not sure running two video cards would help either, if
both are trying to act as sound cards. (yikes!)

Good luck, -Dave

Old December 9th 08, 03:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

"JR Weiss" wrote in message
"Albert" wrote...
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as opposed to DVI.
So that they can be run to a TV and a Monitor, video and audio in the
same cable?

Probably not unless they are TV tuner cards. Regular video cards have
nothing to do with audio...

Some will process audio. Unfortunately, from what I've read, these video
cards will disable other audio cards will processing audio. -Dave

Old December 9th 08, 09:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BigJim

msi 9800gt has one hdmi adapter. The sound is connected to the card
via a wire from the spdif output on the mother board.

Old December 9th 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BigJim

the msi 9800gt I use has one hdmi output via an adapter.

Old December 10th 08, 01:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:00:51 -0500, "BigJim" wrote:

| the msi 9800gt I use has one hdmi output via an adapter.

But the OP is looking for two HDMI outs that carry both video AND audio. No way
for a DVI to HDMI adapter to do that AFAIK.

Larc
Old December 10th 08, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

wrote:

| the msi 9800gt I use has one hdmi output via an adapter.

But the OP is looking for two HDMI outs that carry both video AND audio.
No way
for a DVI to HDMI adapter to do that AFAIK.

Larc

Sure is. DVI can include audio information, and some video cards can
process audio information, also. But there is no video card currently that
offers two HDMI. Some offer one HDMI. Many offer one HDMI (via an
adapter). -Dave

Old December 10th 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Albert

Thanks for the responses so far. If there is no one card to do this,
what is my best solution with two or three cards?

Goal is to connect a single PC to a LCD TV and a Computer Monitor,
with the following abilities....

1. Use just the Computer Monitor as a PC with audio.
2. Use just the LCD TV as the Monitor with audio.
3. Have mirroed image on the Computer Monitor and LCD TV with audio.

Would a dual DVI video card running to each work for video? Will dual
video cards allow you to display one or the other?

For the audio possibly use the motherboard audio connecting to one
monitor, and a 2nd sound card connecting to another work?

What is the best solution to date for what I want to do.
Old December 10th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BigJim

I can tell you according to the installation instructions that if you
connect
the hdmi setup on the 9800gt you will loose the onboard sound.
Also on that card there is a patch cable that goes from the spdif out on the
MB
to an input on the card to make the hdmi transmit both Audio and Video.