Determining HBA model

Old August 11th 08, 05:10 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default Determining HBA model

I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell
Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is
running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual
model of the HBA is installed to verify interoperability with NetApp
storage. I have been given the following information on the HBA that
looks like it is perhaps in the Windows registry:

"Emulex LP98 PCI\VEN_10DF&DEV_F980&SUBSYS_F98010DF
REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&08"

Does anyone have an idea how this information can be tied to an actual
HBA model (ie. LP9002, LP9?????)

TIA for any information.

Tom
Old August 11th 08, 05:35 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
fx [François-Xavier Peretmere]

on the 11/08/08 18:10 wrote the following:
I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell
Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is
running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual
model of the HBA is installed to verify interoperability with NetApp
storage. I have been given the following information on the HBA that
looks like it is perhaps in the Windows registry:

"Emulex LP98 PCI\VEN_10DF&DEV_F980&SUBSYS_F98010DF
REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&08"

Does anyone have an idea how this information can be tied to an actual
HBA model (ie. LP9002, LP9?????)

Off the bat, I'd say the "LP98" would hint to an LP9802. Not sure though
whether there have been others members of the 98xx family; maybe some
digging in Emulex's web site would help? You can also check whether the
shape and characteristics of your card match the description:
http://www.emulex.com/products/hba/9802/ds.jsp

This web site might also be of some help:
http://www.sandirect.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1 &keywords=lp98&osCsid=ab92cc7b97fb8f66550ff0869a9c 5b29&x=0&y=0

Fx

--
"Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering
their time inventing and implementing new, exciting ways for software