Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook

Old March 23rd 08, 06:47 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Bill Stallings

Default Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook

I am currently at work on a new edition of my textbook, Computer
Organization and Architecture. Your mission, should you decide to
accept it, is to carefully read a chapter to check for technical
errors, computational errors, and typos. In return, you will be
acknowledged in the Preface and receive a free copy of the book when it
comes out late 2008. I would need feedback in about 4 to 6 weeks.
This is a technical rather than a user book, so you need a technical
background in this area. Chapters include

Computer Components and Buses
Cache Memory
Internal Memory Technology
External Storage
I/O
Computer Arithmetic
Instruction Set Architecture
RISC
Instruction-Level Parallelism and Superscalar
Control Unit
Parallel Organization

Please mention a special interest in one of these if you wish. The
files are in PDF format. Thanks!

Contact me at

ws atsign shore dotsign net

Bill Stallings

/ Descriptions and errata sheets for my current books
/ and info on forthcoming books: WilliamStallings.com
/
/ Visit Computer Science Student Resource site:
/ WilliamStallings.com/StudentSupport.html

Old March 24th 08, 02:23 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Bill Todd

Bill Stallings wrote:

In return, you will be acknowledged in
the Preface and receive a free copy of the book when it comes out late
2008.

Or not - I never did, even after reminding him.

- bill