Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

Old February 25th 08, 02:29 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
John D[_3_]

Default Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

I am in the UK and have bought a hard drive from Komplett (who I am
told are headquartered in Sandefjord, Norway).

I have had problems with a 750GB hard drive Komplett has supplied due
to incompatibilities with a PCI-SATA card I bought from Komplett.

The problem is I can't get a reply from Komplett's after-sales
service department despite many mails over
the last three months. My first email was in December 2007, only two
days after the hard drive arrived and wouldn't work.

I can't even get a complaint lodged with them because the ironic
thing is that complaints too go to !

QUESTION: How can I contact someone who can review or supervise
so I can get a reply or make a complaint?

WHAT I HAVE LOOKED AT: ....

Komplett have a UK address for returns: c/o PFWW, Siskin Parkway
West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV98 9XX. What or who is
PFWW and how can I phone them?

On the Komplett UK website I have seen the number 08712 770 024 but
would much prefer a landline contact number which is discountable.
However SayNoTo0870 does not list Komplett.

Is there an email address for anyone in any position of authority at
Komplett?

I have looked at the UK company register at Companies House to see if
Komplett is a registered company with named directors but I can not
see which if any of the entries listed their is the UK part of
Komplett.

At one time Komplett were not bad to deal with but it seems they have
gone a long way downhill since then. I want to resolve this and then
never deal with Komplett again.

Old February 25th 08, 02:48 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Simon Finnigan

"John D" wrote in message
[...]

Get in touch with your credit card company and get them to sort the problem
out.

Old February 25th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-vista
John D[_3_]

On Mon 25 Feb 2008 11:46:18, Gazwad
wrote:

Forget about the company for a moment.
You need to sort out what the problem is.
Have you tested the HDD in another computer?
Does your PCI card claim to support the drive?

This is it. http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=336525

Are you merely having SATA II on SATA controller type issues?
Have you tried jumpering the drive?

No I don't believe so.

Right now you have a problem that you need to resolve.
You can only complain to the company if they sold you components as
being compatible with each other and with both components being
tested as working independently actually don't work together.

We didn't actually amend the contract.

Many suppliers will fob you right off with manufacturers RMA
procedures if you're unlucky enough to get a bad HDD. The amount of
time you've left it it's certain that's the route you'll have to
take now if the drive is duff.

Komplett suggest they will receive the RMA-ed HDD and test it. Of cours
eit is not to do with that.

So have you done anything to remedy the situation or did you merely
have a quick go, get stuck and then go into some sort of brainfart
because you can't call the supplier?

Have done a lot of testing and checking and updating. Is probably an
unusual chipset incompatability.

Time should not be an issue - because I contacted Komplett a few days
after the HDD arrived but am not gettng an replies. Under Distance
Selling I suspect I should have been ok to reject the goods.
Old February 25th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
John D[_3_]

On Mon 25 Feb 2008 01:48:17, Simon Finnigan
wrote:

"John D" wrote in message
[...]

That's a route I haven't tried. Good idea.
Old February 25th 08, 05:46 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-vista
Palindrome

wrote:

[...]

Your DSR rights disappeared once you started to use the goods.

Your claim is under SOGA, claiming that they are not fit for purpose.

IIRC, that card supports 48 bit LBA addressing - so no problem with a
/mere/ 750GByte drive.

You /have/ installed the driver, I suppose?

--
Sue

Old February 25th 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Daniel James

In article , John D wrote:
Komplett have a UK address for returns: c/o PFWW, Siskin Parkway
West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV98 9XX. What or who is
PFWW and how can I phone them?

I believe that's ParcelForce WorldWide. They're a courier company,
apparently used by Komplett.

Is there an email address for anyone in any position of authority at
Komplett?

Have you looked at the website for Komplett.com, the parent company? The
board is listed there.

http://www.komplett.com/board.shtml

Cheers,
Daniel.

Old February 27th 08, 08:13 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Aidan Karley

In article , John D wrote:
QUESTION: How can I contact someone who can review or supervise
so I can get a reply or make a complaint?

WHAT I HAVE LOOKED AT: ....

Another trick that works moderately well is to dig up the whois data
from their DNS registration. Often this contains real addresses and
phone numbers (though the utility of this is declining as more people
put in deliberately unhelpful data). One of the useful things is that
there's often a contacts section for the "billing" of the domain
registration - i.e. the bean counters. The bean counters really don't
like people calling them up from the real world.
Unfortunately, your Noggins have put in unhelpful information :
Domain name:
komplett.co.uk
Registrant:
Komplett ASA
Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation
Registrant's address:
Postboks 2094 Sandefjord
Sandefjord
Norway
N-3202
NO

Lots of use that is.
However, their Norwegian counterpart does give a phone number :
Domain Information

Domain Name................: komplett.no

[SNIP]
Organization Name..........: KOMPLETT ASA
Organization Number........: 980213250
Post Address...............: Postboks 2094
Postal Code................: N-3202
Postal Area................: Sandefjord
Country....................: Norway
Phone Number...............: +47 33 47 14 00
Fax Number.................: +47 33 47 14 01
Email Address..............:

You wanted a UK phone number? What would make you think that they have
any UK presence at all? Did the parcels arrive with a UK postmark?

PFWW, Siskin Parkway
West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV98 9XX. What or who is
PFWW and how can I phone them?

I'd suspect that these are either re-mailers, or possibly they
hold a warehouse full of stuff for Komplett and actually pack the boxes
under Komplett's orders. They might guess that the items in the boxes
*aren't* washing machines, but they've no need to know more about them.
Part number, address for dispatch, frank it, job done, next order.
Using
www.Yell.com , I get "Parcelforce Worldwide, International Hub,
Siskin Parkway West, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, West Midlands,
CV3 4PF
Tel: 0870 780 7509
Classification: Courier Services, Delivery & Collection Services"

Looks to me like you're condemned to listen to Norwegian 'hold'
music. Calling PFWW would be a WOMBAT.

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen, Scotland

Old February 29th 08, 09:15 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Howard Neil

John D wrote:
I am in the UK and have bought a hard drive from Komplett (who I am
told are headquartered in Sandefjord, Norway).

I have had problems with a 750GB hard drive Komplett has supplied due
to incompatibilities with a PCI-SATA card I bought from Komplett.

The problem is I can't get a reply from Komplett's after-sales
service department despite many mails over
the last three months. My first email was in December 2007, only two
days after the hard drive arrived and wouldn't work.

I can't even get a complaint lodged with them because the ironic
thing is that complaints too go to !

QUESTION: How can I contact someone who can review or supervise
so I can get a reply or make a complaint?

Have you tried phoning them at:

Phone/fax

Our telephone number is 08712 770 024 (£ 0,10 p/m)

Telephone opening times are 8:00 - 16:30 (mon-fri)

Select option 1 in the menu for any sales related questions.

Select option 2 in the menu for any technical related questions.

Fax: 0870 1383 554

I have used Komplett for several years now and have rung the above
number on several occasions. The service I have received has been
exemplary and the technical bods I have spoken to know their stuff. Good
luck.

--
Howard Neil
Old March 1st 08, 08:53 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Jeremiah Harbottle

I believe that's ParcelForce WorldWide. They're a courier company,
apparently used by Komplett.

It's actually Parcelforce's European Hub at Coventry Airport.

Old October 3rd 08, 10:38 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
rousseau

Bill G wrote:

On Mon 25 Feb08 02:29, John D wrote in
:

[...]

Maybe this was a sign that they were pulling out of the UK as they
seem to have done now.

They've ceased their UK operations (though I think it was little more than a
distribution centre) which is a shame. I was very happy using them: I was
able to configure my last PC the way I wanted it, including not having
Windows installed!

It might be worth looking at their Irish site, which still seems to be
running. Try contacting them through that route.