connecting 4.1 green/black wires to laptop and tv

Old May 21st 07, 06:46 AM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.live
sdac

Default connecting 4.1 green/black wires to laptop and tv

Hi, i just bought a Creative Inspire M4500 which has 4.1 sound.

Anyway the system has 1 green and 1 black 3.5 plugs coming out of the
subwoofer.

Back of 4.1 speakers

[IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5584/
picture002og5.jpg[/IMG]

I have the following 2 problems:

1) connect to laptop.
My laptop has a regular sound card with an earphone connection. If i
connect the green wire from my speakers to this... then only 2 front
speakers+woofer work while if i connect black cable then only rear
speakers work.

I want to connect both green and black cables so i will get sound from
all speakers (i don't care if it is 4.1 or just regular stereo as long
as 4 speakers have sound) ?

2) connect to TV
My tv does not have an earphone area... only the regular RCA input
How can i also connect the 2 green black cables to RCA. Can i treat
the green as "right" and black "left" and get some converter which
will connect the 3.5 male green and black to RCA ?
If so, will this give me stereo sound from the 4 speakers ?

Sorry if my questions are very simple but i don't know much about this
and i've been very confused with what i saw online.

Thanks in advance.