EWI 4000s Wind Controller Connections using Midi

Old April 16th 07, 04:21 AM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.live
Jay Alperson

Default EWI 4000s Wind Controller Connections using Midi

Hi,

I am connecting up an Akai EWI 4000 and am having communication problems
with the Midi Ports going through my Audigy 2 ZS with external module. It
is on an XP Pro machine with plenty of memory and disk space. Anyone have a
similar setup?

The EWI software came bundled with it; it is UniQuest Version 1.

The EWI works fine into my other software (Band in a Box 2004 and Cakewalk
Pro 9.0). I use Midi in port SB Audigy 2ZS MIDI IO 2 (DF00) and Midi out SB
Audigy 2ZS SynthA (DF00). As I understand this, it is getting the midi out
sounds from the Audigy synth Hardware as guided by midi signals from the
EWI. The Audigy has 2 Midi IO ports...

With Uniquest, I set the Midi in and out ports to SB Audigy 2ZS MIDI IO 2
(DF00). It is the only setting that sometimes gives me a listing of the
samples that are built into the EWI. Unfortunately, there are error
messages. When I click on Get in the Default Studio Window, I get error
messages such as Sysx missing bytes and Sysx end of Transmission not found.
The downloads are inconsistent, with it giving different error messages and
frequent hanging.

I imagine the Midi port settings are wrong, but I don't know what to set
them to.

Any suggestions?