Chieftec Bravo Series, extra screws needed for case fans ???

Old April 4th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Chieftec Bravo Series, extra screws needed for case fans ???

Hello,

How many screws and what kind of screws are delivered with the Chieftec
Bravo series (the midi tower in particular) ?

Do I need to buy extra case fans that come with screws or can I buy extra
case fans that come without screws ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old April 4th 06, 04:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

How many screws and what kind of screws are delivered with the Chieftec
Bravo series (the midi tower in particular) ?

Do I need to buy extra case fans that come with screws or can I buy extra
case fans that come without screws ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Interesting question. Is is POSSIBLE to buy case fans without screws? I've
never seen them sold that way. -Dave

Old April 4th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Mike T. wrote:
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello,

How many screws and what kind of screws are delivered with the Chieftec
Bravo series (the midi tower in particular) ?

Do I need to buy extra case fans that come with screws or can I buy extra
case fans that come without screws ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Interesting question. Is is POSSIBLE to buy case fans without screws? I've
never seen them sold that way. -Dave

Yes according to this review it's possible:

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=4 21

I have made up my mind and I am going for the "Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E".
Which should come with screws. It works at 12v, 7v and 5v it also
restarts when stopped. However it doesn't cool good at 5v... but I
don't plan on running it at 5v.

It also has a fluid dynamic bearing... which should last longer than
ball bearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_bearing

For a moment I was considering to buy this one: Papst 4412 F/2GLL

But it says it doesn't come with screws... and it's ceramic bearing
etc... old style so it could probably last less long/die/damage/noisy
etc...

So I think the Scythe could be a better choice

The best choice would the GlobalWin but it's not available over here...
in the netherlands/europe... and it has a really strange thingy...
atomic ceramic etc... I think the fluid dynamic is a good choice.

So I am pretty much done selecting the 120 mm fan... now I only need
some good 92 mm fans.

P.S.: I love websurfing with my widescreen lol... I have some many
browsers open at the taskbar I can simply select them pretty quickly...
kkkweeel Just a little bit handier.

Bye,
Skybuck.