LCD screen blacking out

Old April 3rd 06, 08:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default LCD screen blacking out

Hello,

I just bought myself a 19" Samsung 940B LCD monitor. It is conected to the
DVI connector of my computer's video card, an ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum. I
have installed the appropriate Samsung drivers for the monitor as well as
the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI for the video card.

My problem is that when the PC has been on for a few hours, the screen
begins to become blocky with sections blacking out until the whole screen
blacks out. My screens settings are 1280 X 1024 pixels with color quality
set at "Highest (32 bit)". The screens refresh rate is set at the
recommended 60 Hertz. Is there something that can be done about this? Has
anyone else had this experience?

Thanks
Shane

Old April 3rd 06, 02:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Thanks. I will try what you have suggested. One comforting factor about
the Samsung is that it has a 3 year onsite warranty,

Shane

"Half_Light" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:52:34 +1000, "nospam"
wrote:

[...]

That sounds like the video card is overheating and not an LCD problem.
Try it on the VGA connector instead of DVI. If that doesn't help use
another monitor. If it still happens then the video card is at fault
and if it doesn't then there is something wrong with the monitor
hardware wise, RMA.

Old April 4th 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

It sounds like you may have inadequate cooling in your computer case, and so
the video card is overheating and giving you those symptoms.

--
DaveW

u...