I have a LOT of problems with my computer

Old March 23rd 06, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default I have a LOT of problems with my computer

How long does this last? it has been 1 hour and 13 minutes with 31365
errors. Does amount of RAM matter, if so I have 1 GB.

Old March 23rd 06, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

How do I know if it is done? it changed what it said at the bottom to
a bunch of random numbers and _ blinking at the bottom left. 57146
errors over 1 hour and 25 minutes.

Does this mean it is the RAM? hopefully it is.

Old March 24th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Larry Weak" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message

My computer randomly restarted until I bought a line voltage
regulator. Every once in awhile, it comes and goes, now I notice
other room devices flicker off and on while my computer stays on.

This sounds like a problem i was having with my house. It was
found to be improper/loose ground wire/nuetral in the Power meter
box. Contacting the electric company was how discovered

I would like to get an upgrade but now that I've paid for a cheap
line voltage regulator, I may as well get some use out of it. Having
good house current is the way to go, but I think that knowing it
remains that way would be fun too. I like monitoring tools.

Have fun.
Old April 3rd 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default I have a LOT of problems (NOT RESOLVED)

GRRR new RAM. I can't even get to the partitions screen when
installing windows, so i do not know if RAM is the problem. I get
back from disneyland and it has a new problem. it says CPU has been
changed, please go into bios to reenter settings. F1 to continue. I
see nothing wrong with the settings, and when putting in windows CD
and booting from it, it gets stuck on Loading file... (Windows
Executive)

soo i buy a new motherboard. (Asus P5PL2) new problem! WEEEE... I put
it in and everything and i start it up, it says "Overclocking
failed or overvoltage failed. F1 to continue" so i go into BIOS
to see what the problem is, and a few seconds later, BAM computer
turns off. Most of the time when i turn it on, fans start but nothing
happens and in like 10 seconds it turns off again. If I'm lucky I can
get into BIOS.

Old April 3rd 06, 03:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Everlast746" wrote in message
.. .
GRRR new RAM. I can't even get to the partitions screen when
installing windows, so i do not know if RAM is the problem. I get
back from disneyland and it has a new problem. it says CPU has been
changed, please go into bios to reenter settings. F1 to continue. I
see nothing wrong with the settings, and when putting in windows CD
and booting from it, it gets stuck on Loading file... (Windows
Executive)

soo i buy a new motherboard. (Asus P5PL2) new problem! WEEEE... I put
it in and everything and i start it up, it says "Overclocking
failed or overvoltage failed. F1 to continue" so i go into BIOS
to see what the problem is, and a few seconds later, BAM computer
turns off. Most of the time when i turn it on, fans start but nothing
happens and in like 10 seconds it turns off again. If I'm lucky I can
get into BIOS.

sound PSU related under load and its failing. Also make sure of the
settings identifying the CPU.

Old April 3rd 06, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

i had same problem once because i put the
cpu cooler on backwards. 1/3 of thermal pad
was in contact with cpu, mobo shut off system
due to cpu too hot.

"JAD" wrote in message

[...]

FS printers/parts trays, printheads -- oki fujitsu dl3700 dl3800 hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexmark qms okidata microline 320 ml320 393 tally printronix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm intermec 7755 boul st laurent montreal ca cisco Printers 2 May 22nd 05 02:05 AM
Computer Problems JosephNicol General 8 October 5th 04 10:38 PM
unusal motherboard(?) problems heartofBruce Homebuilt PC's 0 August 29th 04 12:07 AM
Problems with computer Paulinho Webcams 5 May 8th 04 11:55 AM